Notices

Dry eyes

Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dry eyes

I am just starting day 2!! My eyes have been super dry for the last few years... Has anyone else had this? Cause last nite during a long night nite of just watching movies and try to make it through sober, I blinked and the images on the screen turned double.. Everything else I looked at was normal, just the tv was double vision... Scared me, put eye drops in and it went away..
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It didn't effect my vision but I had really dry eyes the last few years of my drinking and well into sobriety too. I figured it was just dehydration. Well done on day 2! x
Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also have a problem with dry eyes since I quit drinking nearly 4 months ago. I was drinking large quantities of water several times a day to try and flush the toxins out of my system as well as rehydrate my body. My doctor explained to me that drinking large amounts of water is great for flushing the toxins but to hydrate I need to keep water with me at all times and take 3 or 4 sips through out the day to allow it to absorb and not just run right through me.

I am not a doctor and I do not mean to suggest this is medical advice. It is always good to see a doctor when you're having problems.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm at just under 90 days and I've had dry eyes and very dry skin. My eyes were doing the same thing with double vision and they actually got tired and sore for awhile. They are feeling better now. I've been drinking lots of water, eating very healthy and taking my vitamins hoping that it will all balance out soon. I've also been drinking two glasses of hot lemon water first thing in the morning. I've heard that it helps balance ph levels, and hoping that helps ultimately with the hydration.

Congrats on day 2!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, mine are tired are sore already... Lack sleep and alcohol, not good... Thanks!! Day 3 will come tomorrow....
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Missinglife View Post
Yeah, mine are tired are sore already... Lack sleep and alcohol, not good... Thanks!! Day 3 will come tomorrow....
Lack of sleep - not good. Lack of alcohol..GOOD!

Nice work on day 2 and upcoming day 3. Dry eyes are a good trade off for gut rot/splitting headache/nausea/dry heave hangover symptoms in my book!