SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   After three weeks it feels like I'm turning the corner! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292706-after-three-weeks-feels-like-im-turning-corner.html)

HellJuice 04-26-2013 03:55 AM

After three weeks it feels like I'm turning the corner!

The last three weeks feels like 3 years.
My mind is clear, and I am starting to feel like I can make it through without ever drinking again. The cravings are getting less and less and I have turned down numerous situations where I would be in front of alcohol!
I'm so glad I gave it up because I'm starting to feel like a human being again!

shutdowncorner 04-26-2013 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by HellJuice (Post 3936919)
The last three weeks feels like 3 years.
My mind is clear, and I am starting to feel like I can make it through without ever drinking again. The cravings are getting less and less and I have turned down numerous situations where I would be in front of alcohol!

Congratulations & Thank You. I am on day 6 & headed into my first weekend. I feel good but definitely needed some encouragement & this is it.

HellJuice 04-26-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by shutdowncorner (Post 3936936)
Congratulations & Thank You. I am on day 6 & headed into my first weekend. I feel good but definitely needed some encouragement & this is it.

You're welcome and keep it up! 6 days is 6 more days than many suffering souls out there are able to accomplish keep that in mind! Don't give up!

visch1 04-26-2013 04:19 AM

Congratulations and hang in there. I feel like a broken record, which many here never have seen, but I recall a phrase that was pushed on me that I needed every day. "If we don't pick up the first drink we don't have to get sober AGAIN." After working that I started feeling comfortable in my own skin. BE WELL

FeelingGreat 04-26-2013 04:46 AM

Helljuice those first few weeks are hard, especially with the cravings and having to change long entrenched habits.
Getting through them without caving is brilliant. Keep it up!

ClearLight 04-26-2013 10:41 AM

Woooohooo!

It does feel good - doesn't it? When I'm thinking of drinking now it helps to remember how good it feels to be sober.

:Xmasgstar

rainyengland 04-26-2013 12:49 PM

Thanks for post - gives us newbies encouragement !!

Congrats on your 3 weeks :-)

MeFree 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

Great! It is the best feeling in the world when you finally realize that you CAN live without drinking....only gets better.

least 04-26-2013 01:08 PM

This.:)

Dee74 04-26-2013 02:28 PM

Congratulations HellJuice :)

D

Committed 04-26-2013 02:47 PM

It's been 32 days for me and I don't feel like drinking, but the emptiness and loneliness is still very much there. Their my next hurdle I guess.

Hevyn 04-26-2013 02:51 PM

Hi Helljuice. I remember feeling like that after a few weeks, too. I always worry people will give up too soon, because it is hard work. I'm so glad to read the good news - and I know it'll encourage and inspire others.

There is life after alcohol. Who knew? :)

Darkplace2013 04-26-2013 02:56 PM

Give it socks. I enjoyed this post fair play.

Zebra1275 04-26-2013 03:17 PM

Congratulations on the 3 weeks!

But don't ever get complacent, alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful. It's also very patient.

I got complacent after 5 1/2 years thinking I could drink normally like other people. That proved to not be the case.

Acheleus 04-26-2013 07:34 PM

14 days with no booze and I have noticed the ladies smiling and eyeing me more. Must be the lost weight and less puffy face. Congrats on three weeks and I hope I get some more energy soon.

MeFree 04-26-2013 07:38 PM

Oh yeah! Looked at pics of my little body and great big ole puffy face and didn't know who that was. Most wonderful plus of a sober life!:ring:

gunther84 04-26-2013 07:43 PM

Congrats and thanks for a great, inspirational post.