SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   close call (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292704-close-call.html)

animalnurse9 04-26-2013 02:57 AM

close call

Was being wound up something chronic tonight by ppl contacting me with work drama gggrrrr went out for a run and suddenly I'm ok again. I can't believe that this time last week I was two bottles of wine in for the 5th time that week and making a total hash of another relationship.but thank god that happened or I wouldn't b here.grateful.

shauninspain 04-26-2013 05:14 AM

It's amazing what a difference a week can make isn't it. Total respect to you for sticking to the game plan and having a sober and productive week! ps what type of guitar do you have?

casavpa 04-26-2013 08:25 AM

I have two bottles of wine. Wish I could quit drinking. Ended up in the hospital four times for atrial fibrillation. No friends, No job. Just want to quit. Wish you the best!
Phil

animalnurse9 04-26-2013 03:07 PM

Thanku Shaun :) its a an electric acoustic mirage.nothing fancy, was a gift from my dad :) ( stepdad - same thing tho ) . Hey Phil, I'm sorry you are so down.i felt very similar to you, except thankfully I have family. I know it doesn't seem like it, but you can do it too. Those bottles of wine will not give you what you are looking for.they never gave me the love I crave! I hope now I can find it with sobriety and I think I have a much better chance. Good luck x

Darkplace2013 04-26-2013 03:14 PM

Animalnurse9 I appreciate what your going through. I've come close to breaking a few times. We won't even get into the emotional aspect of it!!!!! It's just crazy. I hope you stick with it and I wish you the very best. Fair play to you for not having a drink.

animalnurse9 04-26-2013 03:20 PM

Thank you darkplace, I read about what ur going through and I know you haven't had a drink either :) we both can do this!!

Hevyn 04-26-2013 03:24 PM

These early days are hard - you deserve so much credit - many just can't stay the course. It's all leading to a happy and sane life, no more wondering where our next drink will come from. It's so good to be free of it.

Phil - glad to see you here with us. You will make it out of this - we want to help.

Darkplace2013 04-26-2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 (Post 3937792)
Thank you darkplace, I read about what ur going through and I know you haven't had a drink either :) we both can do this!!

I really hope so. If I hadn't the support I have on SR I would have drank last night. That would have carried onto tonight and maybe Saturday too. I know that for a fact. I'd have spent the following week depressed, hungover, vulnerable, unable to eat, unable to sleep. It goes on and on. So hopefully we can be successful in this journey.

Living 04-26-2013 04:48 PM

Sending happy thoughts and hugs to both of you. I am also in my first weeks of sobriety and feeling much better. You can do it!