Notices

Crazy Mind

Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy Mind

Fight with SO, alone, end of work week. Pictures on FB of people going out. Struggle bus for sure. But I promised myself instead of running to the store I would get on here and post. Losing my mind tonight don't know how I am going to make it through the next couple hours but trying the best I know how.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, staying in is the right move! First off, get off FB pronto. You aren't missing a damn thing not being out tonight - deep down you know it. By quitting the booze you're light years ahead of your friends in the maturity department. Be proud of yourself.

Do you have any plans? What are you doing to keep your mind off the situation?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!! maybe read your sig a few times, it's brilliant

"Reality is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." Well I can't handle drugs and alcohol, so I need to learn to handle reality.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trubbled don't know why but your comment brought a smile to my face. I am doing some catch up work right now just kind of puttering on stuff. Watered the plants outside (odd thing to do at almost 11pm at night i suppose), and planning on getting up early tomorrow for a run. Between now and then I don't know just hang out on here and try to stay sane. I know if I can get past midnight I'll be able to sleep and everything will reset and I will be fine.

Trying to hang on to a quote: you can restart your day at any moment. or something along those lines. Just trying to start a clean slate beginning now.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad that you got a smile.

I know if I can get past midnight I'll be able to sleep and everything will reset and I will be fine.
Funny, I have a timeline too, mine is earlier though (probably cuz I'm ancient) but you're like an hour and 15 min from midnight so it's close. I didn't used to be a big fan of baths but I swear it takes half an hour to fill my tub - no wonder in all those olde romantic novels the lady always had someone "run her a bath"

Actually it's probably good to water the plants at night, no sun to burn the leaves and the roots can absorb the water before the sun drys it up.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi ddrayer! Sometimes we have those nights ya know? Hanging out on here, watering the plants and getting some work done is showing that you are taking a different road. This too shall pass. Do you have some tea? What about a movie?
Hang in there. Sleep will come soon enough.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

You've made a great choice coming to SR, and I think it's wise you realize the cravings will pass and you'll be fine after a certain point. Now it's just getting to that point...

Read a book that you never have time for
Watch a movie
Write a real letter to a friend
Look at old photos
Make a list of things you can do now that you're sober
Soak your feet and put lotion on them
Howl at the moon
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Read something that is terribly boring and you will soon enough be off into sleep.

I just looked up the most boring book in the world. It is called Pilgrims Progress....Just in case you wanted to get to bed!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ddrayer View Post

Losing my mind tonight don't know how I am going to make it through the next couple hours but trying the best I know how.
be strong
don't entertain the thought
it is too easy to talk ourselves into it

onehigherpower
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Old pictures actually set me off, brings up a world of regret and what ifs. Wrote in my journal and now in bed reading. Made it today
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Is the book called Pilgrims Progress?.....