Notices

Day 3

Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Ok. Day 3 is almost over and I'm still sober. I'm just so depressed. More so than ever. I have to think that all the pain that I numbed with drinking is smack in front if me now and I have to deal with everything. Just so lost on what to start with first. There's so much s*** in my life that needs dealing. My mind doesn't stop racing. I just wish sometimes that I didn't have this disease. I don't have my family's support now when I need them the most. This just sucks.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi arthur - the first few days are rough - but things do get better.
Try not to dwell on the past too much.

what are you doing to keep busy?

D
Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember the first couple of weeks....TOUGH. But I promise you, your body and mind will adapt, heal and love sobriety. It may sound simple,but at the advice of my AA sponsor, I did things to fill my time during the worst cravings/depression and anxiety...got my butt outside and walked/ran till I was exhausted and able to crash. Made sure I was rarely alone cause that is when the demons crept in and were the loudest. Even if I just went to my parents' house and layed on their couch, atleast I knew I wouldn't drink, and made it through the night sober. One of the most important things in recovery is replacing the time you spent drinking/numbing with something else. HANG IN THERE! you can do this, if I did it....ANYBODY CAN.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stat strong. Booze brought you to this, as it did me. My wife left me. The only hope we have to a better life is to stop the destructive behavior, drinking, that brought us to this point.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay focused, these first days are important. Congrats for making it this far. I remember my first days, I played board games like Trivial Pursuit with a few others who were also working on sobriety. The game itself didn't matter (I don't even think we had all the right colored pie pieces), but spending an hour not thinking about getting drunk was the most important thing. If you're alone, get a deck of cards and play solitaire or go online and learn a card trick on YouTube. Play a game on your smart phone. Heck, go to bed - just keep the clock on your sobriety ticking!