Notices

Today is Day 4

Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jon

Today is Day 4

No cravings this morning, other than a few small instances. Grabbed a bit more sleep. Have a job interview today, I'm excited for that. Tomorrow is Friday and it's pay day which I feared since day 1. However, I made a schedule to keep myself busy and well occupied. Planning to go to the movies, work on an art project, playing my piano, and play some good games with friends.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck on your job interview and keep doing what you are doing! You can do it!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That day four was always killer for me. Felt better, and 'Hey' I can drink again. So be vigilant.

Sounds like you have a plan and that's great. You can do this.

Best to you.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
That day four was always killer for me. Felt better, and 'Hey' I can drink again. So be vigilant.

Sounds like you have a plan and that's great. You can do this.

Best to you.
Same here. I had a lot of day 4s followed by day 1s. By day 4 I would convince myself that not drinking was easy, so why bother.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me too.. so far so good. What games are you playing with your friends?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work. Since it's payday, why not turn the tables and figure out how much of your check you'll save by not spending it on alcohol? Not suggesting you rush out and spend it, but laying out a plan will keep your mind off other things and it can be uplifting to see a concrete number on how much you spent/how much you might save.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jon

Originally Posted by DainBramaged View Post
Day 4 for me too.. so far so good. What games are you playing with your friends?
Might play some old school nintendo games or Smash Bros. I want to get into more physical activities, but not sure what to get into.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jon

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Nice work. Since it's payday, why not turn the tables and figure out how much of your check you'll save by not spending it on alcohol? Not suggesting you rush out and spend it, but laying out a plan will keep your mind off other things and it can be uplifting to see a concrete number on how much you spent/how much you might save.
This is where it gets challenging I suppose because right now there are lots of things I should spend my money on instead of alcohol. I'm going to try to come up with a budget sheet this weekend.