SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Time for a change (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292593-time-change.html)

BeatThisNow 04-25-2013 03:47 AM

Time for a change

Hi all,

Just spent the last few hours going through the threads, it's amazing how much I relate to most of the posters. Decided to make the jump and join SR, not before I went out to buy 8 beers... I'm hoping this forum will help me, because I'm tired of being an alcoholic and I need to beat this. Looking forward to giving/receiving help.

Beat.

Dee74 04-25-2013 03:52 AM

Welcome to SR Beat :)
I hope you can make tomorrow day one.

you'll find support here :)

D

twentytrails 04-25-2013 03:58 AM

i just joined too. its sad we have to come here, but whatever works. i believe we are all on different levels of solving/ coping with this problem. it scares me to read some of the stories posted on this site- i dont feel i've fallen that far- but i know if i go any deeper its where i certainly will be.
it really bugs me because i really like the way alcohol makes me feel. but i dont when to stop.
lets try stay in this together.

rainyengland 04-25-2013 04:07 AM

Welcome all :-)

Not a sad place,SR really works :-) we all ended up here one way or another and there is a lot of people in same boat

Good luck with it and keep posting!

Bruce292 04-25-2013 04:12 AM

Hi, I'm a newcomer as well. It's been a little over a month and I'm just starting to remember that I used to have hobbies. I've thought about considering perhaps sometime soon thinking about starting one of them up again. For me this has been a slow process but, for whatever reason, it's sticking this time after countless attempts over the years.

shauninspain 04-25-2013 04:31 AM

Good stuff. Joining here will be very beneficial to your recovery. There´s a lot of experience and wisdom on here. All the best.

visch1 04-25-2013 05:17 AM

Welcome. After a bit around AA and hearing many things I didn't like I finally put the plug in the jug. I didn't want to be an alcoholic and found out I'll always be one even if that first drink is never picked. It's something I had to accept and 30+ years later I don't think about it. BE WELL

trikyriky 04-27-2013 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by twentytrails (Post 3935139)
i just joined too. its sad we have to come here, but whatever works. i believe we are all on different levels of solving/ coping with this problem. it scares me to read some of the stories posted on this site- i dont feel i've fallen that far- but i know if i go any deeper its where i certainly will be.
it really bugs me because i really like the way alcohol makes me feel. but i dont when to stop.
lets try stay in this together.

How far is too far. Take a good look. It won't take long . What level are you on? What are you using as a scale. Your appearance, your financial situation, your health , enough said. All these will be lacking. You may even notice the decline already
Welcome my friend. Help is here. God Bless

Notmyrealname 04-27-2013 09:21 AM

Good job on getting here! SR forum was really helpful to me because I could see that other people have the same troubles as I do, and that changing course is possible, and that being sober is not nearly as frightening as I made it out to be.

Some people impulse-quit and some people need to mull it over for a bit, either way you hopefully can get to the same place.

Good luck on your journey!