Notices

Daily reflection

Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily reflection

I have some time now to reflect on my day. Aside from the manager of the Eatery embarrassing me today with belittling words in front of the clientele things are going smoothly. I was able to brush it off, get home and focus on my assignments for school. I am grateful to have a focus in my life other than work. Even through all of that I didnt think of drinking as the solution to my problem. The solution to my problem is time. In time I will no longer work at this place. In time I will be working for myself. This goal is not an overnight thing. TIME is the solution.

Goals:
1) Get more Demo work
2) when enough Demos are available quit the Eatery
3) Keep focused on my school work
4) Do not drink
5) Keep smiling and know that all things work out.

I dont think of drinking. When i do think about alcohol in my life, I cringe at the thought of it. I truly think that I wore out my welcome with the substance.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you and great plans.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is so encouraging to read about your continued improvements Mizzuno, keep up the great work!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mizz, good on you for being able to brush off your manager's asinine behavior! I find, now that I am not drunk or hungover most of the time, that it is much easier to blow off people who are insensitive or downright rude whereas before I would obsess and obsess about it and what I had possibly done wrong...would sometimes stay up half the night replaying the silliest things in my mind over and over. So nice not to have that going through my head all the time. Imagine, alcohol compounds neurotic and paranoid thoughts...gee, who would have imaged? Glad you are focused on your goals and the path and are keeping a smile on your face. With your awesome attitude and outlook there is no doubt you'll get there sooner rather than later.

Missed reading your posts and glad to be back to it!