Notices

Physical changes after quitting drinking?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Didn't lose weight (except some initial debloating), and my general appearance did not improve at all that I can see, but a small wart I had on my finger for 3 years disappeared about 2 months after I quit drinking. Yay for that! Wasn't the sort of dramatic change I was hoping for, but I didn't quit out of vanity, so it'll have to do. (It's probably not causally related, but I really wanted to count something as a physical improvement, so I'm running with the wart story!)
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've seen a lot of physical change in the past two months but I've been working for it in the gym 4-5 days a week and keeping my diet mostly in check (although I just ate half a pizza and a bowl of ice cream, that's my Friday night special though). I was running 4-5 days a week but had some temporary running-related foot problems so that got put on hold.

[It's a lot healthier spending time under the bar than inside one. Highly recommend weight training, takes a bit to get aware'd on the details and get into the habit but 9-10 weeks makes (for me anyway) a big difference in appearance and physical well-being.]

My skin is better, and less dry. I was dehydrated all the time before. And I couldn't sleep through the night because I'd wake up just parched as all get-out. Now I sleep pretty well.

Mind is much sharper (back to normal) and mood is a lot better.

Getting back in shape was always a goal that wasn't attainable due to my excessive drinking. Now I can do whatever I want! (Freed from the yoke of alcoholic oppression to work on my lats of peace..)
Old 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lost 15 pounds so far (23 days). Skin and hair look better. Whiter teeth (no more staining from the wine). I feel much healthier and look well-rested. And I do look younger.

And internally my body is starting to function better. No more stomach pains. Better metabolism. My whole body feels like it functions smoother.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A little wt gain but I needed it , I barely ate while drinking. Clearer skin, whiter eyes, nails were growing strong and fast! The constant fire burning in my stomach went away, normal bowel movements (sorry if TMI lol). No more panic attacks, shortness of breath, shaking dizziness or blurry vision. WOW, thanks for asking this...So many more reasons to confirm quitting was the best and most important decision I ever made.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 12 but:
pro:some of the bloating has gone down. My eyes aren't watering all the time
Con: I have 3 huge pimples. Not normal for me. Hmmm? Detoxing from deep down in the depths perhaps???
I'm hoping for significant weight loss and re-hydration of the skin.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh, and I'm vain as all h@ll so ya, that was a motivating factor. Lol
Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm only five days in so far but already by bowl movements have started to become more normal and my craving for healthy foods is back. My shaky hands are starting to improve a little as well. I've lost a few pounds this week already from not consuming the empty calories and drunk eating. I will say that over the first few days I did suffer from a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights but it has gotten better.