Notices

Bingeing before detox

Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I kind of understand the insanity

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Stupid I know. Bit I feel like I want to have my lasylortl bit or run before the hard stiff begins abajn

Anyon lee
Don that!!?
I drank all the booze and took all the pills in the house
one night just before entering detox the next morning
almost killed me
not the thing to do
but
I kind of understand the insanity that goes on in a drunks mind

onehigherpower
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

6 days until detox. I'm now on 2 daily pickup for my Valium and public holiday today so I can't get anymore codeine or alcohol. Stupid I know, world of pain this morning.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry - I think 17 Valium, several codeines and a bottle of wine is a heck of a lot for a random Wednesday night.

as long as you downplaying what you're doing, it makes it easier to do it again MLC.

D
Agreed. Please be safe.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

And what about tonight? You still have a week until Detox. For the love of god, and for all the support your family and those around here have given you these past months please try and act responsibly MLC. I truly hope you make it until Detox...and I mean that literally.
Tonight I will probably have insomnia due to lack of being able to get anything.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MLC that world of pain will mostly vanish without substances in your body I guarantee you. Thinking of you. Just get into detox in one peace, we are all rooting for you
Old 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

how about you try just once to have a little positive attitude here instead of always setting yourself up? you gotta be just about out of excuses to use and abuse more drugs. this is supposed to be the start of you getting your LIFE back.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What do you mean setting myself up? Ok, I'll come back when I can tell you how beautiful the birds are singing in the trees outside my bedroom and how blue the sky is. I shouldn't have posted. You're right. I'm scared and nervous about what's to come. I'm terrified, I naturally just run to this forum and post rubbish. My husband is over my crap. I come here because most people have done the stupid things I have.

This is the only place I can just let it all out. Outside of here I am the mum who helps at school. The friendly lady that runs the pool. The one who helps at church and attends regularly.

Now I'm doing lines in the toilets at church, turning up to my pastors house wasted, getting high and drunk while our new youth pastors are over for dinner.

Idiot I am.

My kids are fine for anyone concerned and they will be even better once I am better.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

MLC..

You have no reponsibilty to justify anything to us. We are all here for the same reason you are, which is to get better. Understand that when you open up here, there will be those who are sympathetic, and others who may not understand or have a different view of things from time to time. And I am willing to bet once you get through rehab and come back to read some of the things you have written, you won't believe you said them. Bottom line, we want you to get better, but we also want you to be safe - which you are not doing by taking 17 valiums, codeine and an entire bottle of wine at one sitting. Please talk with your husband or anyone else close by to help you make it to next Wednesday. And keep posting here so we know you are OK
Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks )
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry but I don't believe that your kids are fine. I really don't.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

instead of seeing getting clean and staying clean as a bad, terrible, scary LOSS, maybe you could view RECOVERY with the gratitude one would if they were getting a kidney. a life saving TRANSPLANT. you can be transplanted from this dark space you are in now to a really bright place where birds to sing..IF you are willing to put down the drugs. for good. and learn how to deal with life on life's terms. and still be the nice pool lady.

you have the CHOICE to set yourself up for SUCCESS at this.....or failure. same decision every addict has to make. people DO survive getting clean!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm sorry but I don't believe that your kids are fine. I really don't.
They are fine as in they are safe, clean, loved. They are not fine because I am emotionally absent sometimes. It will get better. Luckily they have a great dad.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
instead of seeing getting clean and staying clean as a bad, terrible, scary LOSS, maybe you could view RECOVERY with the gratitude one would if they were getting a kidney. a life saving TRANSPLANT. you can be transplanted from this dark space you are in now to a really bright place where birds to sing..IF you are willing to put down the drugs. for good. and learn how to deal with life on life's terms. and still be the nice pool lady.

you have the CHOICE to set yourself up for SUCCESS at this.....or failure. same decision every addict has to make. people DO survive getting clean!
I am sure I will see it that way one day soon. I've gotta get rid of the drugs. Then I have to face this eating disorder that has run my life for 16 years. And face life of life's terms.

I've booked myself in for the 1st of may. I chose that date because I was gojng to a concert on the 8th may and I was gojng to use heroin just one last time.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You're not going to actually use heroin one last time are you??
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peanut44 View Post
You're not going to actually use heroin one last time are you??
No. I was. I'm not going now because I'm gojng to detox.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! A wise decision to be sure
Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. I'm just astounded by all of this. I wish I could be sympathetic but I just can't. I feel like you are just making one big joke out of all of this and the people who care about you. Delaying your detox so you can do heroin???? Are you on a suicide mission? I pray for your children. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please read the whole thread guys - sometimes a few posts can sneak in while we're posting

D
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Zee

I've booked myself in for the 1st of may. I chose that date because I was gojng to a concert on the 8th may and I was gojng to use heroin just one last time.
Good for you MLC... keep focused xxx
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally3127 View Post
I'm sorry. I'm just astounded by all of this. I wish I could be sympathetic but I just can't. I feel like you are just making one big joke out of all of this and the people who care about you. Delaying your detox so you can do heroin???? Are you on a suicide mission? I pray for your children. Good luck.
A joke? I've been lying in bed hating myself and crying all mornjng because I can't move. I have no codeine left, hangover from hell, thanks god for Valium.

I am intentionally gojng to detox on the date I am so I miss the concert and won't be tempted to use smack.

I'm still a person. I'm the soccer mum, the ballet mum, the tap and jazz mum, the pool operator, the mum who does reading groups at school every single week, the person that goes to the gym most days, the one who helps her kids with homework and reads to them and kisses them goodnight. I just happen to have a substance abuse problem at the moment which is getting worse so I am doing somehtjjbg about it.

I'm more scared of facing the bulimia that has ruled my life forever. I got clean when I was 21, had a baby stayed clean for all that time but the ed remained. I relapsed just year (I'm 35) because I couldn't take it anymore plus a whole heap of other things.

I'm trying. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I'm trying and I am scared to death.

And yes, when I was sober for 6 weeks after New Years I did have a death wish, I was suicidal and did not know how I could live. It's only my beloved family that keeps me here.