Notices

please help, i stopped losing weight

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
That should be the least of your problems right now. Your doctor said you are healthy and at a normal weight. Focus on staying sober, you have enough on your plate with that.
Dear Deeker,
It is the most of my problem right now, because I don't want one time binge in wine ruin my whole entire metabolism. (p.s. I am not addicted to alcohol)
Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noanxtime View Post
I don't see how a one-time binge on wine would make a permanent change to ones metabolism.
I would suggest that maybe learning about how the metabolism of a person of your age/body type works may help you learn about eating healthier etc.
Unless alcohol contributed to a large majority of your calorie intake on a regular basis, you really can't count the wine as a 'stopper or starter' of your metabolism.
I lost almost 30 pounds when I stopped drinking - mostly due to eliminating 8000 per week in wine calories. A sober and subsequent healthier eating plan did not pack back any more of those lost calories. Things just leveled off.
I think you might be leaning too much on a one time incident to mistake for your body's natural change.
Regarding the natural change of the metabolism, I really don't think it is a natural change, because starting the day after binge drinking I've got very sick, bloated, acid in stomach, poor digestion, and fat burning has stopped. And now the problems with digestion started getting better, but fat burning metabolism is still not happening ....