SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   checking in day 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292465-checking-day-5-a.html)

animalnurse9 04-24-2013 01:18 AM

checking in day 5

:c004:Hard day.12 hour shift with no break and ate lunch standing up plus my boss was a douche.everyone talking about having avwine after work.im so damn jealous and so grouchy and worn out.had a headache all day and felt lethargic.thought I was supposed to feel better.no work tomorrow and all I want is wine induced oblivion tonight. So damn irritated. Drinking tea instead.sorry for being grumpy, but this is s**t.

Dee74 04-24-2013 01:29 AM

Early recovery is rough - but try and remember this is not the way it will always be - things get better :)

glad you made it through the day anyway :)

D

animalnurse9 04-24-2013 02:17 AM

Thanks dee, at least I have nice workmates to share the workload and put up with me being so snippy ��

trikyriky 04-24-2013 02:42 AM

Hi and welcome to SR. Keep up the good work. This place is my lifeboat. Thanks for sharing. Speaking of bosses, mine is a real a..hole , doesn't make my journey any easier

rainyengland 04-24-2013 03:01 AM

nah! - let them have there wine and feel ill tomorrow,u stick with us! :)

ok so your grouchy but if you have a booze up your still gonna be grouchy tomorrow and hungover and also wasted 5 hard earned days!

your doing great - 5 days is awesome so keep going! :)

:You_Rock_

animalnurse9 04-24-2013 03:09 AM

Thanku guys �� I really like reading sr forums, it makes me feel like I'm not standing out here by myself! My boss is usually nice, but man he was suffering from head up ass syndrome today lol nevermind. I'm still sober and about to go to sleep to escape the grouchyness.

least 04-24-2013 03:14 AM

Early recovery is a time of ups and downs. It takes a while to get back to normal functioning. Give yourself time and good treatment and you'll soon be feeling better. :hug:

rainyengland 04-24-2013 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 (Post 3933286)
Thanku guys �� I really like reading sr forums, it makes me feel like I'm not standing out here by myself! My boss is usually nice, but man he was suffering from head up ass syndrome today lol nevermind. I'm still sober and about to go to sleep to escape the grouchyness.

LOL - im with you on that - mine is a complete dick sometimes!

makes you wonder how they ever get there - sure there must be a book on stupid questions to ask your staff somewhere!

scottw991 04-24-2013 03:21 AM

I agree that early recovery is a rollercoaster. As corny as it sounds it does get easier over time. Just remember why you are in recovery and enjoy the feeling of getting through your day with a ( mostly ) clear head :)