SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I fell off (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292432-i-fell-off.html)

Mirage74 04-23-2013 06:59 PM

I fell off

This is a confession, I have to get it off my chest. I had 12 days on Saturday and I drank that night. And then again on Sunday. Back to square one, on day 2 now. I feel so ashamed and guilty, although today was better than yesterday (no hangover today).

If any of you are thinking about drinking, let me just tell you, it does not get any better.

Dee74 04-23-2013 07:01 PM

Welcome back Mirage :)
have you thought about what you need to do differently?

D

AnotherPaul 04-23-2013 07:02 PM

Try not to beat yourself up about it too much. Most alcoholics relapse at least once. Just learn as much as you can from it. Millions of people have recovered and you can, too.

Pondlady 04-23-2013 07:10 PM

It's hard to stop and stay stopped. Most of us have tried more than once , but we've made it and you can too....start again and as Dee suggested, think about what you can do differently this time:)

Hevyn 04-23-2013 07:12 PM

Hi Mirage - glad you told what happened. I hope it helps relieve your anxiety.

Sometimes we need further proof that we have no control over it. I'm sure it wasn't worth it - and that you've learned something. You're back on track - that's the main thing.

Richierich777 04-23-2013 07:19 PM

I agree with everyone. It happened to me a while back keep your chin up

Mirage74 04-23-2013 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone. Yea, I've been thinking about what I need to do differently.

It's funny, it was late Saturday night (1:30AM) and I wanted to drink. I almost came on here to post about it, but the craving was so strong, I pretty much didn't want anyone to talk me out of it. I've got to remember that next time...It's lies, all lies..

Goat 04-23-2013 07:32 PM

Oh man, I've done that. A couple of times (even when I'd been away from SR for a while) it popped into my head that I should just get on here and come clean. And when I didn't, I went to the drink.

Relapses are not wasted, as everyone said. They're good learning. And a reminder that we really can't drink.

Me, I don't need any more damn reminders.

SereneEdition 04-23-2013 10:24 PM

Mirage -

Glad that you're back now and posting.

If you can remember what happened that got you to feeling that way and reflect on making changes before you get to that breaking point, it will strengthen your sobriety.
For me staying physically sober has a lot to do with managing my mental states.

instant 04-24-2013 01:23 AM

Learning from it can help. Festering on it didnt help me.

Getting through a first week and a weekend cant happen without effort.

Have another go, try to avoid mistakes you have made previously ( easier said than done in my opinion)