Notices

I have comtinued to drink...

Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have comtinued to drink...

Hi everyone. It seems that the short time I have spent on here hasn't been enough. I have still kept drinking. Every couple days. I have is started taking pills ( Valium and unisom) to intensify the effect. I don't what the next step is. I am ok while my kids and husband are awake...then they go to sleep..and I start.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't what the next step is.
I suggest more support Javamama - whether its your Dr, or a counselor, or a programme like AA or one of the many others, or even inpatient or outpatient rehab.

If you need more, then you need to decide what that 'more' will be

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

D
Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! The first step is to put the bottle down. Pour out what you have at home and don't buy any more. Counseling might be of help. I see a counselor and it's been very helpful. You can get out of this hole you've dug yourself into but you have to want it. You can do this!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're not alone. I joined here six years ago and have been sober a little over two.
Took me awhile.
Mixing bezos and booze, your next step may very well be the hospital. Or worse.

Keep at trying to stay sober, never give up. I have managed to maintain some length of sobriety and you can do it, too.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was here months before I quit drinking. Making that leap of faith isn't easy and I found I needed a lot of support to stay sober once I'd quit. A mixture of AA/AVRT/SR/counselling and lots and lots of books about alcoholism have all helped. Now I am looking into SMART. Get help, you don't have to do this alone x
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome. I/we feel your pain. Fortunately I “only’ had the problem with alcohol so the treatment is different because of the 2 demons trying to control you. For me AA worked for +30 years but with the drugs in the system I think professional help is needed to get off them. I also found in looking back that honesty with myself very important. BE WELL