Notices

Losing more and more

Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Losing more and more

I'm chronic. Lost my kids. Day 3 again. 7 years later... I want my mothering priveleges ( sp?) back. I don't want to lose my sober bf. I'm tired of fighting. l
Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Lily. I am sorry you have lost so much, but I hope this is the start of getting things back on track for you. Have you had any face to face support before? x
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi lilyst4r - welcome

I'm sorry for the pain you must be feeling.

I'm not a parent, but I know you'll hear from many here who are, and many who've been in your position.

Obviously the key to all this is to stop drinking, and thats why you're here I expect
You'll find a lot of support here

I guess the immediate question you need to ask yourself is what are you prepared to do - just SR for now, AA or some other group, counselling, rehab?

D
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We're here to support you in your quest to be sober. I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Lily. Very sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations that you are currently going through. Just know that through sobriety what seems like an imposible mountain now will soon become a molehill.

Like you said, you´re tired of the fighting. As I was, and all of us were who arrived at the point of no return. One thing I learned is that no matter how hard I fought, alcohol was always too strong for me. I just could not fight any more either. And that´s a great place to be.

As far as alcohol is concerned, stay beaten for the rest of your life. Never try to fight it again, because you know what will happen. Just stay on the canvas, and from that vantage point you can and will rebuild your life.

Regards
Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome. Even when in a very pained mode this can be benefit in our memory : REMEMBER WHEN. We don't have to go through this again if we don't pick up the first drink. Many including myself used AA, people, forums and numerous methods to get and stay sober. It's simple but not easy to stay away from the first one, I needed the strong help of people who understand us and press the flesh in person. BE WELL
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Lily,

Welcome to SR! Don't give up hope. I have children too and I know how much this disease takes from you. Keep fighting and hang in there- Day 3 is a great start! I am on Day 4 and this is normally when things start to unravel for me. We can do this! Hugs to you, PG