Notices

Day 9 check in

Old 04-21-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Day 9 check in

Thank you SR . A milestone in my recovery . I haven't used in 9 days. Feelings up and down, dealing with the aftermath of my addiction. Personal relationships good , financial not so good. Trying to avoid becoming complacent. Long road still ahead of me, I know. Today I will take it 1 hour @ a time
Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you. Keep going now xx

Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally hear you - sometimes I need to do it hour-by-hour as well. Nine days is pretty impressive. Just imagine how you will feel at 19, 29, 39, and so forth. This is all worth it. I know the financial situation can be a huge thorn in your side - don't let that get you in a funk. That will work out, but if you use again it might not. Stay wary, stay vigilant. Congrats on your effort thusfar. Keep it up - make it through today and it's a new week tomorrow!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sometimes even one minute at a time.

I have 80K in debt still due to my crack addiction. I was paying my dealers rent using credit card checks. I thought the zero interest was a steal. Instead it...crack... Was the steal. It stole everything.

You have relationships still in place. That's a blessing.

The emotions of all this will be a ride for you. Hold on. Do nothing about them. The swings high and low will soften.

Congrats on all your efforts to help your self. Remember it's the beast... Not you. Keep them apart and you get your life back.

I still don't know what having my life back means but I know I have options. And they keep getting bigger with the longer I am away from smoke.

K
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thanks Jen, Big S, Deeker , Cold , Ken and all SR folk. Can't name you all, there are many. It's 9:00 pm here in the Burg. Good for day 9, looking forward to day 10. Cravings are like evey hour now , not every minute like before. I'm starting to be able too see myself sober, not using. I couldn't imagine that last week. He , my Beast is pissed, too freekin bad. Get used to feeling that way. I will check in tomorrow. God Bless
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Riky

D
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

day10

This is my best shot @ Sobriety and have so much still to do. I will keep all SR folk in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Trikyriky, Day 9 check in? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ricky! Day 10! Double digits.

Try not to focus on time but certainly pat yourself on the back. The reason I say that is because sometimes av uses this as a way to try and reward yourself. He is tricky! Pun intended.

There is little doubt in my mind that with you sharing your path that there are many more not joined to this site watching. Listening to how you did it. Understanding this is a challenge that can be won. You are helping them as you are me and yourself. Thanks.

Check in later when you get home from work. Would like to hear what your thoughts are.

Ken