SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Coming back around again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292077-coming-back-around-again.html)

Acheleus 04-20-2013 07:21 PM

Coming back around again

Seven days sober. Tomorrow I will wake up sober and I got some much needed sleep last night. Wrote part of a paper in the library today, but I do feel lonely and miss people. Thinking of a way I can reward my self for going a week. Maybe I will get some ice cream. I still have 55 pages to write and I am trying not to be scared. I hope everyone on SR is having a good weekend.

Dee74 04-20-2013 07:30 PM

Good luck with your paper - ice cream sounds like a good reward to me :)

D

Mizzuno 04-20-2013 07:31 PM

Happy merry Weekend!!! Reward yourself with a Sundae. I am sorry that you are feeling lonely. If its any help, I feel the same. I really do. Lets commiserate over Ice cream :)

Acheleus 04-20-2013 07:36 PM

Thanks guys. Going out to buy a copy of the big book and a treat. Cannot relapse when school gets out.

Dee74 04-20-2013 07:36 PM

ps congrats on your week :)

D

Odelle 04-20-2013 07:38 PM

Congratulations on one week! Yes, please treat yourself to ice cream; I'll sit over here all alone vicariously enjoying it with you!

Heartfan82 04-21-2013 12:12 AM

Good to see you back here, and congrats on the 7 days sober!

Acheleus 04-21-2013 03:16 PM

Eight days and doing laundry by God. Will be up all night writing. Feeling soooo tired today though even though I slept last night. Happy sunday everybody!

least 04-21-2013 03:23 PM

Congrats on 8 days! :) Keep on keepin' on.:hug:

Darkplace2013 04-21-2013 03:24 PM

Well done on day eight and best of luck

Missy7 04-21-2013 04:15 PM

55 more pages? That's a long paper!

SmittyBittyBoo 04-21-2013 04:37 PM

I love ice cream. And now I can indulge occasionally because I haven't wasted calories on alcohol.

trikyriky 04-21-2013 06:55 PM

Acheleus, We have about the same join SR date. I also have relapsed multiple times. I have 9 days , not using. Its getting better . SR helps immensely. I don't know if this helps but I am here , without ice cream, sending prayers your way. God Bless :You_Rock_

Acheleus 04-21-2013 07:04 PM

Yea three twenty page papers. Due in a week then one a week later. Trying to focus and get them done. Thanks for the support good people. My anxiety is high because of these assignments and I drank to not feel nervous. So trying to be mentally strong and push through. This is going to be one of the most sleep deprived weeks ever. Have a good night all.

Acheleus 04-22-2013 08:23 PM

Nine days of sobriety but still unable to write. But if I was drinking I know I really couldn't write. I did read today and I hope to write some after I go grocery shopping. Been napping a lot and giving my body some rest. I'm so scared about all this writing, I feel like a moron. I hope everyone is working hard on caring for themselves and staying sober.

deeker 04-22-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Acheleus (Post 3927922)
Seven days sober. Tomorrow I will wake up sober and I got some much needed sleep last night. Wrote part of a paper in the library today, but I do feel lonely and miss people. Thinking of a way I can reward my self for going a week. Maybe I will get some ice cream. I still have 55 pages to write and I am trying not to be scared. I hope everyone on SR is having a good weekend.

Welcome back Acheleus, I didn't even see this post , I was just gonna pm you. So glad u r ok!

Acheleus 04-22-2013 08:41 PM

Thanks deeker. Yes I am working hard and trying to be productive. I wonder if I have a better chance of finding a wife as a sober person instead of as a drunk?

deeker 04-23-2013 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Acheleus (Post 3931343)
Thanks deeker. Yes I am working hard and trying to be productive. I wonder if I have a better chance of finding a wife as a sober person instead of as a drunk?

ummm u think? lol Get and stay sober first bud, it will happen. Just concentrate on today right?

deeker 04-23-2013 02:31 PM

Ach u know there's a big book online right. Just google it.

ScoutBall 04-23-2013 03:56 PM

Glad to see ya back, Mate,

My creativity has been pretty stymied as well. Drawings look as I stuck a pencil in my nostril and face planted on my desk. It isn't pretty.

Can't find much of a muse right now either. I'm chalking it up to my brain having to re-wire itself back to normal after years of fairly solid abuse.

Good thing I loved to draw/treasure some of that art work pre drunk, or I'd be REALLY discouraged.

I'm happier today cause I see you're back! Bon Chance!
-S.Ball, Esq.