SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   starting to get better again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292023-starting-get-better-again.html)

changeme 04-20-2013 10:16 AM

starting to get better again

one day sober , recovering from gastritis called and left a message for an outpatient faculty

jscorpio 04-20-2013 10:20 AM

:welcome changeme. There is lots of support here. Good job on your decision to get help.

trikyriky 04-20-2013 10:40 AM

Your username speaks volumes. Change is possible . This place is a lifeboat, grab an oar and hang on

changeme 04-20-2013 11:07 AM

just hanging out on the sofa , watching movies with my wife , i have injured my feet also , my wife is so supportive and helping me get thru this

Dee74 04-20-2013 03:43 PM

Welcome to SR changeme :)

D

changeme 04-21-2013 10:20 AM

thanks all ,if i can i am going to AA meeting at the local detrox center today, I am going to call Monday to the outpatient place and not wait for them to call me

changeme 04-23-2013 04:11 AM

Day 5 , still have not made it to an AA meeting however I am going to one with my sponsor on Wednesday , trying to get to one tonight , cleaned the house , going to work early , have a intake appointment I about a week , got the vitamins I needed , getting lots of sleep and drinking tons of water

soberclover 04-23-2013 07:03 AM

Great job changeme in keeping yourself busy! I hope you make it to a meeting and keep reaching out for support.

least 04-23-2013 07:07 AM

Congrats on day five and good job in taking good care of your health.:)

changeme 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

my mind is slowly coming back , today i was in a sandwich shop thinking how I have squandered my leave and cannot go on vacation , so instead of going to the island for a week or 2 , I took it 2-3 days at a time passed out or withdrawing .I am collecting videos of my self in the ER , withdrawing and drunk so I can watch them If and when I crave a drink so far I have not

changeme 04-24-2013 03:55 AM

day 6 sober , I went to a AA meeting at the hospital last night and spoke about my situation , I did not get a 1-30 day chip as they did not have one ! It did me alot of good as this aa meeting is in the same hospital as the detox center , so you can tell who is from the detox by the hospital wrist bands. A good reminder of what could be . I am looking forward to enjoying the spring not just drinking my life away .I FEEL GREAT!

rainyengland 04-24-2013 04:02 AM

Good for you!! - well done :)

Its Great feeling Great!

changeme 04-24-2013 06:55 PM

thanks all for the support I the interests of consolidation I am going to post my status on

"Detox day one almost over" thread Silver otter and april14 are there and at the same stage in recovery