Notices

Day 3

Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well it's the start of day 3. I made it through the night and actually slept well. I woke refreshed and in a good mood. But now as the time aproches for me to leave for work, I don't want to leave the house. Don't get me wrong, I actually like my job, but it's been nice being home and under a blanket the last couple days. I almost feel like I need a week to just veg. But I can't. I don't have a full time job where I can just take a week off and hide. But I am off tomorrow and Monday. I'm also feeling a bit down just because of my lack of funds. But now that I'm not drinking that should change. I'll check in with you guys on my lunch. I should be in a better mood than I am now. Well off to shower and eat.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I made it through the day and I drove passed the bar and I'm home with no alcohol in me or in my house. On the way home I was craving a drink but made it through the craving. Work was good and I had a good time. I'm glad I made it through day 3!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was really nice to read your post. You give me hope that my sister has a chance at making changes in her life. I look forward to reading your posts in the future. Stay strong.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going, 'Topher!

It's AWESOME that you have made it three days and resisted your cravings!

You should be feeling pretty good by the time you have top go back to work...

Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on day 3 Top!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Be gentle with yourself! Three days is truly amazing for those who used like we have!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on 3 days Topherrm and kudos for keeping it out of your home. You will find that it does get easier the further you distance yourself from alcohol. As far as finances and other ups and downs that life throws our way, once you are firmly grounded in sobriety, you will find the initiative and drive to find solutions to problems that seem overwhelming at the moment. It is truly amazing to rediscover your inner strength once the veil of alcohol has lifted.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on day 3

The lack of funds will get better for you now your not wasting it on you know what! :-)

All the best
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for being so supportive. Everyone here is so kind and amazing to each other and we have never even met its making its eaiser for me. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done and congratulations. I wish you the best in the future and I'll follow your progress.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think the best thing for you was to just spend a couple days inside until you've recovered. I would always get into to trouble by venturing out when I was certainly fragile and passing bars or liquor stores. Sounds like you're past the worst of it. Hang in there!