Notices

Officially booked into detox

Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Officially booked into detox

1st of may, 10am for two weeks. They said try and get down to 60mg regularly of Valium until then and 100-200mg of codeine.

Oh gosh I'm scared. I'll miss the kids much. I don't know what to tell them. Chinese whispers is the favourite game of our small town/

They reckon ill be completely off everything in 2 weeks?!? How do they do that without risking paws???

No phones allowed.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

That's wonderful, congratulations. This will be so good for you, and I'm sure you and your husband will come up with something to tell the kids that won't worry them. This is really brave of you, MLC, good job!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'm scared. My 6 year old daughter particularly hates it when I'm away. Never been away this long.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It needs to be done.
Maybe its best to think of it as not going away, but coming back MLC?

D
Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Going through the pain of withdrawal and being away from my family scAres me. What scares me the most though is how much work will need to be done afterwards
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LDT

"... Not going away, but coming back"....(Brilliant, Dee! ) True words spoken, MLC. I know right now it's hard to imagine how happy your children will be when you give YOU back to them. I did it, and I'm closer than ever with my children. Your 6 year old will understand " mommy is going away for a few days, but when she comes back she is going to be all better. And she is going to take you for the biggest ice cream you have ever seen."
Old 04-20-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Her and I are very close. I have been away before for other daughters operations and she is sad.

The thing is. They are bringing me down from up to 100mg val a day to nothing. It's not going to be all sunshine and lollipops when I come home. I think I'll be a blubbering mess trying not to pick the skin off my whole body and three up every meal. Scared.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LDT

There is no question you will have a lot of work to do when you get home, MLC.....but honestly, do you see any other alternative? I found out its OK to be scared. If I hadn't gotten really scared, I would not be sober today. It's so true that you..can..do..this!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 04-20-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Zee

I was always told... from every high, comes a low.... it's not going to be a bed of roses... but when I was detoxed and after a month in hospital... I was pretty shiz for a while (once it took me over an hour to get out the bath I was in so much pain) I can laugh about it now because it was ridiculous! I also had a mobility scooter so I could go shopping (WTH)... the point I am making is... IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! You will laugh, you will cry, you may throw up (doubtful)... but my goodness, your kids will be so happy to see you when you are back... I'm rootin' for you (I even stayed up till 6.30am the other day to see if you were ok) I care... we care... try and stay strong for us xxxx
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are finally going to get help you need MLC. It's normal to be scared, but remember you will be in the hands of professionals who are specifically trained to get you clean. And they have done it successfully with many, many people. And it will definitely be lots of work when you get done, we all deal with it every day too. But it's worth it. You should be infinitely more scared of what will happen if you don't do this and follow through though, right?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I was always told... from every high, comes a low.... it's not going to be a bed of roses... but when I was detoxed and after a month in hospital... I was pretty shiz for a while (once it took me over an hour to get out the bath I was in so much pain) I can laugh about it now because it was ridiculous! I also had a mobility scooter so I could go shopping (WTH)... the point I am making is... IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! You will laugh, you will cry, you may throw up (doubtful)... but my goodness, your kids will be so happy to see you when you are back... I'm rootin' for you (I even stayed up till 6.30am the other day to see if you were ok) I care... we care... try and stay strong for us xxxx
Thankyoi for sharing and being so caring. A bed of roses would be lovely loll.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad you are finally going to get help you need MLC. It's normal to be scared, but remember you will be in the hands of professionals who are specifically trained to get you clean. And they have done it successfully with many, many people. And it will definitely be lots of work when you get done, we all deal with it every day too. But it's worth it. You should be infinitely more scared of what will happen if you don't do this and follow through though, right?
The work is what scares me. I know it necessary because otherwise I go straight back. A whole life of abuse won't be fixed by quitting drugs in 2 weeks. I am more scared now of where I'm headed without help. I'm going to do it.

I am even missing they might be giants concert which I have tickets to. I was gong to have one last hit of smack that night. Naturall my av is spewing but I know this is for the beSt.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cool

Hey MLC ----

I just wanted to touch on a couple of things you've written here........:

1) Officially booked into detox "...1st of may, 10am for two weeks. They said try and get down to 60mg regularly of Valium until then and 100-200mg of codeine..."

Well, alrighty then; you go grrl!

2) "...Going through the pain of withdrawal and being away from my family scAres me..."

Not gonna sugar-coat this; it's probly gonna be tough; definitely was never on any of my 2-Do lists; you can do it!!! All ya gotta do is set yer mind to it. Knuckle down; buckle down; do it; do it; do it.........

3) "The thing is. They are bringing me down from up to 100mg val a day to nothing. It's not going to be all sunshine and lollipops when I come home. I think I'll be a blubbering mess trying not to pick the skin off my whole body and three up every meal."

Yeh, you probably will blubbering mess trying not to pick the skin off your
whole body and three up every meal, but just remember what I wrote in my response in #2 above.....

.....'n about their bringing you down from up to 100mgs a day, well, remember what you wrote in your original post (see #1 above). It seems they want you to try to reduce your daily intake from now until 1 May, from 100mgs a day to 60mgs a day from now until 1 May.

This gives you 10 days to try to decrease your intake to 60 mgs. I'll be honest; it ain't gonna be fun, and yes, it's probably going to be painful; you can do it, tho. Just remember.....get clean 'n stay clean and you'll never have to go through it again....................................

(o:
NoelleR
Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Think how sad your daughter would be if you didn't come home at all due to OD. Harsh but reality. You can do this. Hugs
Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

give all credit

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
They said try and get down to 60mg regularly of Valium

They reckon ill be completely off everything in 2 weeks?!?
you remind me of me with the heavy Valium intake
yes it's true
I was taking a handful of Valium each day along with other things
and
within 7 days rehab had me clean and sober
feeling a little or (a lot) out of it
but
I was not using anymore

not that I get proud of much these days
but
that is something to be proud of (not using)

I do give all credit to God

onehigherpower
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations MLC. We are here fully supporting you!

My dad used to tell me, "The weeks and months in front of us are going to pass no matter what, so we might as well make them really count!"

Stay strong, you can do it MLC! We're here cheering you on!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
I am even missing they might be giants concert which I have tickets to. I was gong to have one last hit of smack that night. Naturall my av is spewing but I know this is for the beSt.
I'm glad you ended that paragraph the way you did, because following through on the concert and smack would be a monumentally selfish and foolish action to you and especially your family. But I think you know that, right? You'll get through this....it will be hard but we will all be here for you along the way.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have a plan, and I'm sure your husband is relieved. A year from now, things can be very different for you and your family