Notices

Day 20 - take 3

Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20 - take 3

This year has been hard personally but also great in many ways. Although I have screwed up twice, I climbed back on the wagon quickly and feel like I keep making personal progress. I don't even recognize the person I am now in relation to who I was at christmas. I don't know how I lived just 4 short months ago. Getting exercise, being productive and contributing at work, treating those around me with respect but also knowing how to deal with others when there is conflict, is all mind blowing. Just keeps strengthening my resolve to keep at this.

A couple times in the last few days I have had some insane cravings that have flared up. Reminding myself that drinking is not an option - it will kill me - has kept me motivated and moving forward. I am excited to see what life keeps throwing at me as I keep moving forward. Thanks all for the support and stories that keep me going day to day.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear when a person in recovery is liking who they are becoming! Keep up your wonderful work!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Hey ddrayer. This is also my 3rd day 20 this year. The main thing is we're both here and we're doing this! I also had some bad cravings a few days ago and just surrounded myself with my support network and read posts on SR to ride them out.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're still going strong! This is my day number 4, after my slip after about 3 weeks. It's been a tough few days, but like you I have to keep at it, and remind myself it's not an option. I feel like I'm still feeling the effects from my slip.
Still, I am determined more than ever to live the life full of greatness, not regrets...
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for reaching twenty days sober!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Journey, yea at day 4 I was still feeling it hard. But as you know things just seem to keep getting better. Glad to have a sober date mate Louise!