Notices

I was trying.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was trying.

I went to the Dr's office for my annual physical. We went over many things and one was that I wanted to cut back or cut out my drinking. He mentioned cutting back how much I drink. I thought if I could take a pill that I might be able to do something that way. So her prescribed me a medication that would take away the craving for alcohol. The pharmacist called and let me know that this prescription would be $200.00. I told her not to bother filling the prescription. I know drinking costs me more than $200.00, much more. However, I don't even know if it would work for me? If it doesn't I've wasted that money. I need to get to an AA meeting. I need to do something.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you tried just cutting back on your own? I know we can't give medical advice here and i'm not a doctor, but a magic pill to take away your urge do drink sounds too good to be true at any cost.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some people try medication and others don't. I think it is really important no matter what you decide to do as far as medication to seek support from a group like AA or some other support group, individual counseling, or even online. There are even groups out there that discuss how to moderate drinking. What I know about myself is that I cannot moderate my drinking; I'm an alcoholic. Good luck on your search for information!