Notices

Another day one

Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day one

I am on Day #1 again. I keep trying so thats good. I want it to work this time. I'm buried in debt and personal problems that my drinking only makes worse. I am so proud of the people on SR for there hard work and the help that you all give me. I want to make it this time. While reading some chapters in the Big book of AA this morning, I realized I never really paid attention to what they were all saying. Something is different for me today.
I am going to have a great day one, ONE HOUR AT A TIME.
Right now I am on hour # 13.
Diana
Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

pssst...good job, diana
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi perea3. I've had many day 1's myself. Its great you are still trying. Me too, and I'm going to keep on with it until I get it right! There is hope and support here. Glad to see you .
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Diana, oh how I need to remember all my days coming back. When my pain got bad enough I started to hear what I needed, not what I wanted or wished for. I was told to keep coming and if I didn’t pick up the first drink that it was not necessary to sober up again. Profound to me at the time. It was suggested to start to act on the slogans on the wall as they worked for so many of our daily situations. I got tired of hearing MEETINGS, MEETINGS, MEETINGS. THE ABOVE AND A LOT OF OTHER WORK WORKED FOR ME. Today I’m blessed by not having the desire to drink for many years. It works if we work it. Simple tho not easy, much easier than the daily stress of drinking to me. BE WELL
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I'm trying hard.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Diana. Something was different for me, too - the last time I decided to stop torturing myself. I finally had enough and got off the merry-go-round for good. I knew that nothing good could ever come from me trying to manage my drinking. I was sabotaging myself and destroying my life. It was over. That was 5 yrs. & 3 mos. ago. I never went back.

You can do it, Diana. It's so wonderful to be free.