Notices

Lame n sane

Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lame n sane

So, I am sitting here on my 3rd straight hour on here, I just find myself wanting interaction, but don't always feel like I have the experience to respond to posts. As I have said in previous posts, I am a deep thinker, and sometimes I over think,sometimes I am afraid what I write may be interpreted the wrong way, or I just can't find the right words for the situation. I guess this would be why people go to AA meetings. Does anyone else run into this? I guess if they do they may not respond
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

To me, this site is very different from AA meetings, in that people comment on and respond directly to what others say. When I doubt what to say, I only offer experience or just read--look around, there are gems hidden here!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have experience. 9 months is a great deal of experience. I think that you have many powerful things to say K-
Just for the record, sometimes I think that i will offend people. At times, I have. It was not my intentions. Emotions and conveying is hard on the computer for me. I would not worry about it all that much. You are golden!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone has something to offer Karissa

D
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think everyone has something to offer Karissa

D
They just need to offer.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I say go for it Karissaleigh! We also have a Chat Room, you're more than welcome to join us.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ooohhhh! Go into the chat room. Let me know what its like in there
Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Where is this chat room!?!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

I'm w/ Mizzuno on this 1 but let me welcome Karisa to start
I've been on SR couple mths now & I love it but I'm sure there r folks out there who prob think I'm not commenting well or what have you. I guess I take it from my sponsor coz he's honest w/ me!! Ticked me off @ 1st but I needed to straighten out, quit the whining & excuses & either choose to keep drinking & b miserable w/ consequences or try a new way of life. I've never looked back & what a joy it is to wake up every day w/o a hangover, wonder when noon will get here so I can start drinking(after all I thot only alkis started drinking in the am...ha)
Join aa & sit, observe & listen to about 5 mtgs then you report back & say what u thot in the forum
Best wishes
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

can anyone let me know what plugin you need to have for the chat room to work? whatever it is mine is not up to date
Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
I'm w/ Mizzuno on this 1 but let me welcome Karisa to start
I've been on SR couple mths now & I love it but I'm sure there r folks out there who prob think I'm not commenting well or what have you. I guess I take it from my sponsor coz he's honest w/ me!! Ticked me off @ 1st but I needed to straighten out, quit the whining & excuses & either choose to keep drinking & b miserable w/ consequences or try a new way of life. I've never looked back & what a joy it is to wake up every day w/o a hangover, wonder when noon will get here so I can start drinking(after all I thot only alkis started drinking in the am...ha)
Join aa & sit, observe & listen to about 5 mtgs then you report back & say what u thot in the forum
Best wishes
Will do, and thanks!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

The chat room is on the far right of the big blue toolbar that runs across the top of every page. It's marked as 'chat room'

alternatively the link is:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/addonchat.php

This is the chat troubleshooting thread if you're having hassles getting in:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eshooting.html

D
Old 04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by driftedsoul View Post
can anyone let me know what plugin you need to have for the chat room to work? whatever it is mine is not up to date
We need a plug in?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think anyone who is dealing with addiction/substance abuse has enough experience to post here. This is certainly the last place where people are in a position to judge! Post away!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't have the experience you say? You drank. Trust me...you have all the experience you need.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
We need a plug in?
You'll need java if you haven't got it already...but chat is not available right now on mobiles...sorry.

D
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
So, I am sitting here on my 3rd straight hour on here, I just find myself wanting interaction, but don't always feel like I have the experience to respond to posts. As I have said in previous posts, I am a deep thinker, and sometimes I over think,sometimes I am afraid what I write may be interpreted the wrong way, or I just can't find the right words for the situation. I guess this would be why people go to AA meetings. Does anyone else run into this? I guess if they do they may not respond
Hey Karissaleigh, I wouldn't fret too much offending someone, we just a bunch of alkies. <grin>

But seriously, someone said "you drank, you have experience" and you sobered up so you've got like twice the experience!!

Post away, ask questions, make comments, give feedback and have fun!

I have not been to AA (but haven't ruled it out) but for me, I have told the people on here more about myself than anyone else I know! I highly doubt that I could do that in person and I have no idea why I don't tell my mom or whoever in "real life".

I find it very safe here, and I'm pretty sure no one is judging me either. We are all here for a common goal.

Take care!!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DryRoastJim View Post

Hey Karissaleigh, I wouldn't fret too much offending someone, we just a bunch of alkies. <grin>

But seriously, someone said "you drank, you have experience" and you sobered up so you've got like twice the experience!!

Post away, ask questions, make comments, give feedback and have fun!

I have not been to AA (but haven't ruled it out) but for me, I have told the people on here more about myself than anyone else I know! I highly doubt that I could do that in person and I have no idea why I don't tell my mom or whoever in "real life".

I find it very safe here, and I'm pretty sure no one is judging me either. We are all here for a common goal.

Take care!!
You are hitting the nail on the head with that one! I do feel safe opening up on here, i feel better about being more interactive too. Thanks gang!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
happy cleaning windows

I understand the feeling. Context is too easily lost in this medium and I honestly don't often feel like being misinterpreted when it comes to my approach to sobriety. I'm also a relatively quiet, private person just as a function of my personality. I find myself reading a lot of the discussions here, but don't often interject. That isn't to say that I don't benefit from the insight and experiences that others are generous enough to share, though.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
now's the time

I jumped on your other thread... I'll over think with you! It's kind of my hobby.