Notices

Medically assisted detox at home

Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Medically assisted detox at home

I wanted to share that a friend is under the care of a doctor that knows her history and underwent detox through meds at home. She followed the doctors instructions exactly, DID NOT DRINK, and made it through sober.

This is an option for many of us, it would have been for me just for nerves alone, but she was a 1/5 a day drinker and had other physical symptoms in past home detoxes.

I just wanted to remind everyone that you do not have to go through that hell on your own, and you probably shouldn't. Talk to your doctor, or find a new one that you can trust!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Although at-home detox is very risky, a problem we have in the States is that once something like that is mentioned anywhere in your medical records, it is more difficult to get insurance etc. Yes, there IS doctor/patient confidentiality but if you apply for health or life insurance you have to disclose things like that. It's very frustrating because, it seems to me, if we need help we should be able to get help we need and not need to worry about other things like insurance.

I am so happy your friend maybe it SAFELY through detox with the help of her doctor!