Notices

Al-Anon

Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Al-Anon

I couldn't take it anymore and had to ask my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years to leave last month. He would not get help and continued to use. He turned into someone who I didn't recognize. Someone I couldn't trust. Would be up all night and sleep durning the day. (I worked days) Then durning the night when I was home he would spend most of his time in his man cave. Then I would cry myself to sleep each night.

I know I needed to do this for my well being but it is so hard because I still Love Him. I need help to get over the pain. So much pain right now. Can someone help me with some kind words.

Vicky
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

you did the right thing, hun

hugs and love sent to you!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, you did the right thing. Only he can address his addiction and left untreated, he will only continue to spiral out of control, dragging down with him those unwilling to save themselves. What you did was very brave and insightful. The old cliché “time heals all wounds” is true, allow yourself time to grieve the loss of the relationship and in time, you will find a way to love again! Sending a cyber-hug your way!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

Love is only one part of a relationship; we can't be with those we love if they do us harm. I'm sorry for you but also happy for you. It's hard but you'll be happier to be free of the weight of someone else's addiction. And not only that, but it's better for him, too. You made the right choice. Good for you for being strong.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can get some great support at:

http://http://www.soberrecovery.com/...ly-alcoholics/

Seek out Alanon in your area. I have visited many AA/NA/Alanon groups in Milwaukee and I find them very supportive, especially the West Allis area.

You are doing well. Chin up.