Notices

Drinking.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please put the safety of your child ahead of everything else, including yourself.

Do whatever you need to do.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Change is scary, getting sober is scary, humbly calling someone for help is scary, but the situation you and your child are in right now is terrifying. You do have the power to reach out and get help.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I am not going anywhere, I am staying in and definitely not driving. I appreciate all your help. I have someone I can call, and am doing that now. Unfortunately all my family are far away and I'm reluctant to call anyone...but I do have one friend who can help. Thanks again
Old 04-14-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good job.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you'll keep posting, qwerrt. I'm glad you reached out for help. You can have a whole new life, & that situation never needs to happen again.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you all...I am sober today, thank god. I don't ever want to put my kid in this position again. I will stay sober for him. He needs me! I called some folks in AA and they came and helped me dump everything down the drain. I attended a meeting this morning and am hanging in there. Thanks again!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by qwerrt View Post
Thank you all...I am sober today, thank god. I don't ever want to put my kid in this position again. I will stay sober for him. He needs me! I called some folks in AA and they came and helped me dump everything down the drain. I attended a meeting this morning and am hanging in there. Thanks again!
Brilliant! Well done!

We've all struggled to make the break from alcohol, but the sober life really is so good once that adjustment has been made.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
now's the time

That is wonderful, qwertt! Stick around and keep posting.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
We're all just drunks here, qwerrt. if we can do it, you can doi it.
I agree, I think people try to over glorify the " hey we are going to be ok"!!! Were drunks. How in the crap is everything so pretty and beautiful. Unless we are drunk.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by Lifewillgetbet View Post
I agree, I think people try to over glorify the " hey we are going to be ok"!!! Were drunks. How in the crap is everything so pretty and beautiful. Unless we are drunk.
Being sober isn't all pretty and beautiful... but it's real. The way I was living before wasn't. So when I'm down now, yeah, it's hard and I can't run away the way I used to. But when things are good, I know they're honestly good. I'm not just looking through a kaleidoscope and seeing colors that are only there for me. I'm actually engaged with the world and appreciating what's really there. And that is crazy beautiful when it happens.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by qwerrt View Post
That is great news qwerrt. Now the real work starts, but you are off on the right foot for sure. It takes guts to admit the problem and let outsiders come in and see your life. Keep up your meetings and keep posting/reading here - you can make this work. And you and your family will be much better off because of it.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I managed to get to the CPA and mail our taxes...whew! Now I just need to pick up my kid without having a breakdown. I feel shaky and ill.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you'll be joining the human race again soon, qwerrt. It's terrible what we put ourselves through, but you're on your way to a brighter day.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Don't get more. Just avoid the alcohol stores. Don't even drive in those sections of town.
Don't drive drunk with your kid in the car . . . (don't drive drunk period..)

Does your kid have a friend he can stay over with for a few days?

Can your husband return sooner? If you're getting black out drunk while taking care of a kid on your own... if you do anything drunky stupid, you'll lose your kid.