Notices

Waking up on a Sunday morning with a clear head feels great!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waking up on a Sunday morning with a clear head feels great!

Good morning,

I have certainly been going back and forth with my sobriety, but I just wanted to share that waking up this morning with a clear head feels wonderful. Had a nice date with DH last night (went to a play) and woke up refreshed and ready for a great Sunday. So nice to not have a DH pissed at me, not remembering what I said last night, the kids wondering how to decipher the vibe in the house. So, so nice! I want to remember this wonderful feeling the next time I am tempted to pick up a drink. PG
Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

...and not afraid to check your FB. Hi from MN. I am going to get a few things done today. I must say this weather sucks.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nice days

Originally Posted by PeppyGirl View Post

I just wanted to share that waking up this morning with a clear head feels wonderful.

Had a nice date with DH last night (went to a play) and woke up refreshed and ready for a great Sunday.
there are a lot more of these nice days in store for you
all we have to do
is stay sober today

amazing how the days will add up in time

onehigherpower
Old 04-14-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is nice, isn't it? Good for you. Keep rolling with day. Make it something spectacular!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good day to clean the desk, organize a closet or two, lay around and watch t.v.! Have a great day! And LOL about FB, and checking my texts...Ugh!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Morning PeppyGirl I found keeping a journal worked wonders for me. When I had an urge to drink, I could reflect back. Sure saved me a number of times.

Have a great day!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats and I know exactly how you feel. But what is a 'DH'?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dear Husband
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I hold Sundays very dearly. I always work on them. I had this Sunday off. And I've been spring cleaning and really enjoying myself. I'm glad you had a lovely Sunday. It's one of the best days in the week in my opinion.

Natom.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeppyGirl View Post
Good morning,

I have certainly been going back and forth with my sobriety, but I just wanted to share that waking up this morning with a clear head feels wonderful. Had a nice date with DH last night (went to a play) and woke up refreshed and ready for a great Sunday. So nice to not have a DH pissed at me, not remembering what I said last night, the kids wondering how to decipher the vibe in the house. So, so nice! I want to remember this wonderful feeling the next time I am tempted to pick up a drink. PG
I am hoping that will be me next Sunday!! Well done 😊
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats to you. I am not having a good Sunday. Gorgeous weather but I'm hungover and need a nap. I don't remember any details of the end of last night (or the end of Friday night either). This has got to stop...but I can't imagine my life sober...never drinking again!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Kasia,

I am your neighbor to the north in WI. Believe me, I have been where you are many more times than I care to admit. Have you thought about AA? I am going to a meeting tonight. I have been going for about 3 weeks and have drank about 4 times during that time. I am trying to get serious now and am going for the 90 meetings in 90 days. I know that the couple of times I drank in the last few weeks I woke up feeling absolutely horrible physically and emotionally and going to the AA meeting actually helped me feel better. The good news is get through today, and every day is a new beginning. Try to focus on the now and the next time you are tempted to drink. We can do this!

Hugs to you, PG
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for your encouragement Peppy, I'm on day 3 and holding strong. Nights are especially hard at this point, but I know in a few more days I at least won't feel wd anymore. I'm trying to focus on today & all the "things" that are screwed up in my life that I am doing this for.