Notices

Not feeling the conviction

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I keep coming up

Against brick walls. The detox
I want to go to will not take me. I just rang them again and my use is too high. I rang the hospital
One they suggested and they won't take me if I have an eating disorder or self harm.

What the eff do I do?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
I keep coming up

Against brick walls. The detox
I want to go to will not take me. I just rang them again and my use is too high. I rang the hospital
One they suggested and they won't take me if I have an eating disorder or self harm.

What the eff do I do?
Tell the doctor you just saw that the taper isn't working. And tell her you want to detox. See if she has any suggestions, I would guess she knows what facilities are available.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree with Scott. Tell your doctor that you need a medically supervised detox in a facility.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

Tell the doctor you just saw that the taper isn't working. And tell her you want to detox. See if she has any suggestions, I would guess she knows what facilities are available.
I did do that with the last doctor and kept coming up against these brick walls. I've just made 3 more calls. So frustrated.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
I did do that with the last doctor and kept coming up against these brick walls. I've just made 3 more calls. So frustrated.
You could always go to the ER. Communities have to have detox available for any and all types of users in emergencies.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

What would I go for? I have pills so I'm not in danger at this ayahe
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

You would go to get help from the hospital to detox off of medications.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Night owl

Call your doctor again and tell her you need to get into detox NOW, that it is an emergency, life and death--because it is. She should be able to get you into one of the places you're calling, she'll have the ability to refer you as an emergency.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It's going to be an emergency Soon because ive gone through half the bottle I was given yesterday already plus codeine.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Night owl

It is an emergency now, really. Your doctor needs to be advocating for you and getting you in to a detox/treatment facility. Just keep calling her until she succeeds.

I know you are afraid of quitting, I mean every one of us is terrified of it when we start. And I do believe that we have to be ready, to a point. Sometimes though, we *are* ready but get trapped in circles in our thoughts.

I also truly believe that you are hurting far worse now than you fear you will feel sober. I speak from experience. When I quit pot the pain of suppressing my emotional pain with smoking became far worse to me than facing my fear. And what I was facing was 15+ years of totally suppressed memories of extreme child abuse. And it was hard facing it but also lifesaving and one of the most important and truly best things I have ever done in my entire life!

I believe you have the strength and ability to face your fears, MLC, all of them! When you lose faith in yourself--draw on the faith that so many of us here have in you! You have a lot of love and support and prayers coming to you from all of us here at SR! Remember that and trust in it! And eventually you really will begin to trust yourself!

I have to go, housesit person is home and I'm in her room using computer. So you'll be in my prayers and I'll be sending you healing thoughts, MLC. Take good care of yourself.

Lyoness =^o^=
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks lyoness. Have a meeting with pastor tonight and then will jave a good chat with hubby. Atods is ringing me back tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Been on the phone all arvo. One area cuts off on the suburb to our east. The other cuts off at the suburb to our southwest.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

MLC, the codeine use you're mentioning really scares me Is it panadeine? The paracetamol in those tablets can cause acute liver failure if taken over the recommended dosage even once Do you have private health insurance? Are there private detox or rehab options for you?

Xx
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I know. The paracetamol worries me too. It's mersyndol. I have even looked into cold water extracting the codeine to use it iv *rolls eues*

No private health have never needed it.

Thanks xx
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Finally getting somewhere. Have an appointment with atods on Friday. They want me to go to medical detox for 1-2 weeks. I don't understand the process. How do you detox from Benzos that quickly??
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Yay! Well done for persevering and wanting this, MLC. You've done amazingly well to get somewhere with this.

I don't know anything about length of benzo detox. I guess if you don't find out beforehand you'll have to ask them at the appointment. Hopefully they'll explain anyway or maybe you can call them back before the appointment and ask. This is your recovery, so don't hold back on getting all the answers you need as soon as a question comes into your head.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks. My husband is so upset. I have 30mg

Left from my full bottle on Monday (Thursday morning here now.). I have no choice now. Can't go back to doc until Tuesday.

Atods tomorrow. Gawd I'm scared
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Night owl

MLC~I'm so glad you've persevered on this and are following through! I know it's scary but I--and a lot of folks here--KNOW you can do this! This is the first step in truly getting your life back, a rebirth. And all birth is scary but it is going to be so worth it!

I'm off computer again for a bit but you will be in my healing thoughts and prayers! Take care.

Hugs, Lyoness
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I am rooting for you!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Very emo tonight.