Notices

Just checking in

Old 04-14-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hi all. I have not been on quite as much lately and have posted even less.
Some may remember that this was "by design" but I did say that I would check in from time to time.

Things are going well. I am grateful that the 26th will mark 9 month of sobriety for me. Things continue to get clearer and I am grateful for what I consider to be some new insights and growth about me and about life in general. I am still a work in progress. Things are good but obviously not perfect..nor will they ever be. However, I smile more, I laugh more, and I truly have hope for a happy, exciting and peaceful future that can once again be like those before my drinking started.

Good to see many familiar names and always good to see new ones too. I hope and trust that you are where you are supposed to be and that you can appreciate the journey that we each have set before us.

As I pause to look back on my path, I see a rugged, steep trail. Many places have briars and deep muddy ruts. I see some detours that I wish could have been straighter. But you know what? From where I stand now, looking back down that mountain...it really is a beautiful view. I am a better person because of trail that lies behind me.

Well, enough looking back. Time to turn and keep climbing.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on such a fantastic achievement. Your post is a real inspiration to me.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A lovely inspiring post, thankyou.

Yes, I agree, it's a rocky old road at times but so so worth it xx