Notices

please help me

Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
If this was me I would be making the psychologist and lawyer live's miserable. This is illegal for them to discuss anything outside. It's priviledged information.
Its my word against theirs. The man who made a joke been buliing me for few yesrs now. This place is a "family buisness" . I cant do anything about it... I just need to take care of this problem first.Dont want to fight two fronts. Dont have the strength.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Both of my parents are ill. So noone is working but me...

Aside from this I told my mother that I am an alcoholic, she just brushed it off. I dont mean to embarrass her but that is the reality. What scares me is that when I told her that I cannot have her and him drinking around me - first she said I must learn to handle it and then she said they wont visit? I dont undrrstand? She is so emberrasssed by me that she would pretend that things are all good and threaten me by not coming to visit? Am I stupid?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First things first, Aqua, you need to focus on you right now and if your parents’ drinking around you is a trigger, let them not visit you for a while. It sounds as if your mother is avoiding having to face her own drinking problem by throwing out that ultimatum; more so an embarrassment (or denial) of herself than of you. You can still provide your parents with financial assistance from a distance and stay in contact via phone or email.

As has been previously stated in earlier posts, attending AA is about anonymity and no one where you work needs to be told. Also, the other people that you find attending AA are there for the same reason as you, sobriety. There is no shame in turning one’s life around; the only shame is in finding excuses to not reach out for help and finding yourself in a worse situation somewhere down the line. I am not going to lie to you, it is hard work initially, but it gets easier with time and the rewards are astounding!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigaquagirl View Post
So my once a week habit turned into a each day habit. I'm lost. I don't know how to deal with this... if i join aa ... the people in this place (my office) will finish me. I do not want to end this life in suicide. I am self destructing. Help ...
Hello and welcome! I don't know where you live, but new anti-bullying laws are being phased in as part of the workers compensation act (it may be called something else in your part of the world.)

Also ANYTHING said to your Dr is confidential, you may have grounds here for a law suit.

The company I worked for prided themselves on their strong work safe practices, but I did some digging and discovered it was all lip service. I challenged them (legally) and forced change. Boy they did not like that!

What I am trying to say here is, first, please put the bottle down and take control of your situation. Next, learn about your rights!!

If you are not sure how/what to do, please give me your location and I will be more than happy to do some research (I am VERY anti-bullying and despise companies that allow this to happen.)

But most importantly, you are scaring me!! Please seek someone to help with your suicidal thoughts!! Perhaps this could be Priest, I know it might sound weird, but I would like to believe that they are held to a "higher power" and will keep your personal life confidential.

Self destruction and alcoholism go hand in hand, so don't try to figure that out for now, you have bigger problems that need immediate attention.

Please believe me when I say we are here for you and we want you to succeed and be happy!

Please keep posting and let us know if you need help!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs and prayers aqua...hope today is better for you.

Love Venus xx