Notices

Borderline ridiculous---- relapse again

Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Borderline ridiculous---- relapse again

Every time I get a week to ten days of sobriety..... I seem to fall into the old. "I be fine this time. I can have a few beers again." Well I been drunk for the past 6 days now.

I finally stopped yesterday around 1:00 pm my time after having 7 beers over the course of the morning. Ugh!

Same old thing. Can't sleep, night sweats, empty pit feeling in my stomach, guilt, shame. Oh and new interesting one. Foot cramps!

I know in two days I'll feel better. But these two days are going to be no fun.

I took a few Tylenol PM pills last night all they did was make me drowsy. Didn't sleep a wink.

Talk about the crazy things drunks do. I rotate buying my beer amongst 7 stores so as to avoid any workers thinking I'm a drunk! LOL. Well they probably all know. The amount of beer I've gotten the past week is pretty high. One guy even made a snide comment to me yesterday as I was buying a beer. The guy has a lisp. Took a lot to hold back from saying something to him!

Well... All I can do is try again. Going to be a long day and probably another sleepless night.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Zee

First of all... why the links to the adverts?
I had alcoholic hepatitis (Inflamed liver) and massive malnutrition. It's all mind games... when it gets physical (and it will...eventually) its not a game of will anymore unfortunately... I would have a look into some kind of recovery programme, good luck
Old 04-13-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Zee

BTW, Tylenol is bad for the liver
Old 04-13-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

OMG... my post has a link to an advert too! Has SR been hacked?
Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its the disease telling you that this time you can drink like normal people do. I went through the same thing for years. When I finally really acknowledged I'm powerless over it, then I began to get serious about wanting to stop. And finding ways to do that. Read, post, research differnt recovery programs. You can arrest this problem. Feel better soon!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Zee View Post
OMG... my post has a link to an advert too! Has SR been hacked?
It's probably an add-in in your browser. No ads showing for me.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are no advertisements for me, nor anyone else, I think.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

You recognise the pattern. The circularity and pointlessness of it all tormented me no end for years. I am thankful that freedom is possible.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Think about not having any alcohol in your house and avoiding all 7 places you buy beer. Make a plan for what you're going to do when you start feeling better and think you can have one or two.

I do not see any links to advertisements in this post. I've also read that tylenol and alcohol is a bad combination for the liver.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

All I can do is try again.
Maybe you should think about doing something else this time LEM - a different approach?

what was your plan/strategy last time?

D
Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, LEP, I could have written what you wrote. I would even drive half way across town to a different liquor store because I had hit the one near me the past couple of days. I had about 5 beer stores I rotated.

I'm on day 5. Almost caved last night. Good luck...
Old 04-13-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My memory, which I keep green, was much the same. Then I realized that my efforts and plans resulted in the same old same old because for a fairly long period of time all rational thinking just is not there. Friends convinced me to go to meetings AND follow directions by listening and stick to the winners. Well AA does work if we work it as over 12K days has shown in my case. Its simple not always easy. BE WELL
Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Every time I get a week to ten days of sobriety..... I seem to fall into the old. "I be fine this time. I can have a few beers again." Well I been drunk for the past 6 days now.

Needing to clear your calendar for the next 6 days in order to have a beer is a pretty big clue that you are powerless over alcohol.

If you are honest with yourself, once you admit that, you've completed step 1 of AA. Instead of hanging around the house waiting for a couple days to pass so that you feel normal, why not try am AA meeting to fill your time?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LEP1968 View Post
Well... All I can do is try again.
I had to try something different .. something that worked. And commit to it.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can relate to the routine of visiting multiple liquor stores in one day. Certainly don't want them to think I'm drinking too much! In my heaviest drinking days, sometimes I couldn't remember which ones I had been to the day before. Also I was rationalizing that if I didn't buy too much on any particular visit, I would end up drinking less, which worked up to a point, since when I ran out I had to at least wait until I could go out again. I was usually able to sustain a maintenance drinking pattern for some number of days, until inevitably the day would come when I would lose control, get intoxicated, and something bad would happen. A useless exercise that I repeated over and over for years.