Notices

Cooking with wine

Old 04-12-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Looking back over my initial thread, it started off ok, then took a bit of a turn for the pity party side, lol. Thanks for all of the suggestions and seeing through all of my whine
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am cooking chili today and had a boatload of ground beef and just a few tomatoes. I added some leftover beef broth from the fridge and it's now salty enough. I wanted to add more liquid, so I thought, "I'll just go upstairs and get a beer." I kind of wanted to handle the bottle and pour it. (Saturday morning I was doing dishes and noticed some dried-on foam on a somebody's used glass from Friday night. I sniffed it). Then I thought of what you had written here the other day, Dee, about how much alcohol doesn't cook out of food, and I got hold of myself. So if it needs more liquid later, I'll just make my husband deal with the beer.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If every where you look is wine and beer and sex and tequila, you r looking in the wrong places. You'd be amazed how many people actually are not doing those things. Find those places. Meetings, bookstores, coffee shops, health clubs, museums, nature preserves etc.

Work is only 40 hrs a week, there's 168 hours in the week. I think, not a math whiz.lol
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
If every where you look is wine and beer and sex and tequila, you r looking in the wrong places. You'd be amazed how many people actually are not doing those things. Find those places. Meetings, bookstores, coffee shops, health clubs, museums, nature preserves etc.

Work is only 40 hrs a week, there's 168 hours in the week. I think, not a math whiz.lol
You are totally right, I think I was flipping through a magazine right before, not galavanting through the red light district. I was having a conversation with my partner yesterday about how on of my coworkers said we needed to grab a drink before I moved, I simply responded with, "I don't drink anymore, it seems once I turn it on, I can't seem to turn it off," I said it with a smile and a laugh to lighten the mood, and because of how I reacted. It didn't seem so weird. Keith said only like 20% of the population drinks heavily... That leaves 80% of the population that doesn't. The co worker above ( who used to be one of my drinking buddies before I quit) at that point started telling me about how he was also trying to quit and how a few weeks ago he wrapped his car around a pole. I told him it isn't easy, but there is a lot of support out there if be needs it. He thanked me and walked off... I felt good that I wasn't an enabler anymore.