Notices

today is the beginning not of the end but the rest of my life

Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So I guess I missed my check in yesterday. Today is my 6th day. Today is going very well. A little boring but at least I'm not hungover. yesterday was also a good day. But I still have these cravings, but I think the "play if forward" thing is working. U know when you think qbt what will happen after you have that drink and what's going to unfold for the time After. It. helps to remind me of what I used to do. And that's what I'm trying to avoid. O on to the world. And always remember there is someone that cares about who you are and how your feeling.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
First, welcome to SR 2nd, you won't always struggle. I thought that too at first but there are so many wonderful things in life that we miss seeing the beauty of when we are drinking. As time goes on, I find I have less and less "struggling" days although they do happen. I get my tools from AA and the wisdom on SR. Do you have a plan?
Thanks for that, quitforme79. I'd like to think that this disease won't be a constant struggle for saveable or any of the rest of us who post here. I don't mind some exertion, but the prospect of a lifetime struggle breaks my heart--for all of us.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is what it is. It mat not be a struggle forever but today it is. I know that it will be hard for awhile but I'm confident in this site. And i n all of us, we can beat this demon together. Sometimes we can't do it alone. O always refer back to sr site to remind us of y we are doing this. Not just for ourselves but for our family and friends who want to be with us not who we turn into. Thanks again
Sr
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Today was not a good day. I doing this again. The samething I joined for. The reason I have tainted a lot of things in my life. Because I cant stop drinking. I'm always acting like it makes me happy when I'm really just upset that I couldn't control myself again. I didn't flip out or get angry. I just wasnt there to listen again. I can't even say sorry here anymore. It is just hard I guess.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Saveable

Look back at what you did for your recovery this time - then think about things you can add now to stay sober...do you need more changes, more support...what are the things that keep leading you back to drinking?

D