Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I've been here a while and gonna stay.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Internet and Computer Addiction: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment

Not solely about cybersex, more internet addiction. Seems the addictive type can get hooked on the internet easily.

I can see it. The internet, to me, is like those flying cars we were promised 40 years ago. Always available, cheap, take you anywhere you want to go. To have a question pop up and be able to find the answer without an expedition to the library is invaluable. Communicating with thousands of people all around the world...amazing.

I have a "session" routine that this site has become part of. A short list of sites I run through whenever I get online. I come here whenever I need some support or reflection on not drinking.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm one of those addictive personalities who dives whole-hog into every new thing that interests me. Right now it's SR in spades. As MSS said, though, I have to keep the priorities straight and respect the integrity of the site--it's primarily for sobriety and helping people achieve it. I try to keep that foremost in my mind as I hang around the forums. I have grown to care about other member's situations--it does draw me out of myself.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know SR changed my life - and I credit it with saving it too.

I spend a lot of time here still, but I never feel my time is wasted.

I think as long as you're sensible about it and not neglecting 'real life' and its responsibilities, SR can be an asset and an aid, rather than an addiction

D
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
instant

I had a mental drivenness, that would not stop. I was constantly aware of my 'recovery' situation. In was on SR a lot.

It settles down. In my experience i hit calm water at about 90 days, but there were still fiurther changes.

I put my experience down to a heathier mirror image version of the " obsession" that the Big Book describes. ( btw I don,t go to AA, but found the Big Book helful to me in those first few weeks.