Notices

I want my life back.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want my life back.

This has got to be the beginning of the end (of drinking). I feel so ... I can't even think of a word. I welcome your help.

Brand new to this site, I also appreciate any guidance toward using it to maximum effectiveness.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Was up 2nd half?
I hope its the end of u're drinkin. Have u relapsed or just sick & tired of being sick & tired? If so, then u're in the right place to get help @ least online. Just hang around & read the pain that is in people when they post what's going on @ home. Do u have a sponsor, home group or network in AA? Are you reading big bk or 12&12? If not that's a good place to start getting your life back in sobriety! I can assure you that u can't do this alone no matter how hard u try. The 12 steps have "we" in them not "I".
Keep visiting & getting some hope
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Hi Second!

Welcome to SR. You will get lots of support and help here. There are lots of forums and stories to read through.

At the end of my drinking I felt desperate, helpless, lost and so alone. You don't have to feel any of these things anymore.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

The best way to use this site is to post lots and post often. I use this site in addition to AA and NA meetings, and I have a sponsor.

Welcome!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink Thanks all.

I don't know if I'm doing this right ... had to log back in when i thought I was already logged in....

I'll get the hang of it !!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks.. sick & tired of being sick & tired is exactly what I was thinking. And not the first time. Thank you !!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You never have to go back out there and drink again, or feel like you do now. There must be a lot of AA in California. You need to be around other recovering alcoholics for as much as possible. Go to meetings, and identify those that you feel welcomed and comfortable in. Make those meetings part of your daily routine. Going it alone is very perilous, and without support remaining sober in the early days will be neigh on impossible. Also, use this site as much as possible. Nobody every died from posting messages on the internet.

Completely and utterly give up fighting with alcohol. Simple accept that you cannot drink like other people. At the end of the day it's no big deal. The world will keep turning, and soon you'll see that your life will become immeasurably more fulfilling.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Shaun. I appreciate your response. I'll keep you posted ...
I'll try to stay "in the boat"!
LOL
D
Old 04-11-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We are a very supportive place here so tell us what's going on and we'll do our best to support and encourage you.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I think many of us can relate completely to your feelings. We do understand how hard this is.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! There is lots of information here, from all sides of the addiction. I found it helpful to read the friends and family side of the equation as well as that of the addict to gain perspective of the big picture. Keep posting and reading, you will find what works for you and we are here to support you on your journey.

Again, welcome to SR and the SR family.