Notices

Still trying, but not exactly 'new'

Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Thanks, there, Mr. or Mrs. or Miss turtle!

Though I messed up last night, and drank.

I'm trying to think: I felt a crushing sadness leading up to it. All over the world, there is so much violence. And I fear it will never end. And though I know drinking will not help it any, I feel like at least then I can forget.

I get so scared of life, I just want to hide, sometimes.

But I am very outgoing, most of the time.

Tonight, I have to go to bed early, as I see the first of the two therapists I mentioned above. Anyone have any feedback on that? I was rather hoping to hear some thoughts about it; maybe I should start a new thread?

Well, I'm alive, except on the inside.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

On therapists? No. A very intelligent friend of mine, having listened to a 1/2 hour monologue from me on why I abused alcohol, said I'd probably saved about $15K in therapy costs by analyzing myself.

On violence in the world? Yes. I've always loved history. Formal classes, informal reading, docu-fiction, it all fascinates me. The common thread in history is that violence is always documented. Peace, rarely. The everyday lives of the vast majority of people is peaceful and rarely recorded. Don't let your worldview be determined by what the nightly news. Focus on normal people going about their lives. It can be beautiful to watch. A million acts of kindness and compassion happen around you every day.