Notices

6th ave heartache

Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

6th ave heartache

I am at the 2 month mark. My sleep is good now and my anger is all gone. I finally feel a sense of peace. I have lost 15 lbs and my face is no longer this red bloated mess. I had to stop to get gas on my way home from work. Across the street is a liquor store I go to when ever in that part of town. As I was filling up my car this overwhelming urge to go get a nice big bottle overtook me. My brain was screaming "Just go do it." This is what I was afraid of happening to me. As I was fighting that urge the song 6th Ave Heartache by the Wallflowers came over the station speakers. I don't really know the meaning of the song but the verse.
"And the same black line that was drawn on you
Was drawn on me "
reminds me of the people here on SR. I just had to laugh and shake my head. It seems if something or someone is trying to tell me I am on the path I need to be.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you made it through silentrun. I want to be at where you are at right now. Congrats on 2 month mark. Do whatever it takes to keep your sobriety. Being that i'm back on day 4 again, I can tell you that it only gets worse when you go back out.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this I love that song and yes, it sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be. I had some big cravings at the 2 month mark but I hung on and it did get better.