Notices

productivity...

Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

productivity...

It blows my mind how much more productive I am when not drinking (for any length of time)...

Really, it's not a surprise to any of us who drink and quit. But I took a deep breath today and looked around, thought about all I've accomplished just on a Monday and Tuesday... and all the appointments and planning I've wrapped up for the rest of the week.

Add that to the list of goals (literally, the physical list) I want to accomplish this month and it's a wonder I ever got anything done drinking.

And, in reality, I can't help but think what I could have accomplished the past 12 years or so had I gone through that period entirely sober.

While at the store I sneaked a peak at the magic wall of beer. After working in the warm, spring sun all week I was tempted. Very tempted. Then I reflected...

The reason I wanted a few cold ones was because I was feeling accomplished. Had I bought those cold ones, sat back and sipped the bubbles slowly or quickly... had one or two... or 12...

Tomorrow I would be walking a few steps slower. A few steps behind where I am today. It wasn't worth it. So, I bought some new thin mint ice cream.

Here here to feeling good, living life, setting goals... and breathing new, fresh, sober air...
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Good job Paddler. I used to be kind of proud of all the things I got done while drinking. I had all kinds of projects. I was recently looking back on that and thinking what a struggle it was. I get more done now for sure, and its better (whatever it is I am doing), and I feel better when I am done. Silly how impressed I was that I could drink and still 'feel' productive. What a joke.

Keep up the good work and keep on Paddling.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by veryready View Post
(whatever it is I am doing).
My thoughts too - no matter what I'm doing it is better than those drinking days. I do a lot more outdoors stuff now too, back when I was drinking I never even wanted to leave the house. Thanks for sharing Paddler and it's encouraging to hear you've embraced the spirit.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I do more and drinking I would sit around and the wife's list to me got longer. Well now I relax because I can have caught up and now wanting to paint. Lol. Good for you and keep us posted.