SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Help! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/290657-help.html)

Sobreia 04-09-2013 12:24 PM

Help!

Have had four glasses of wine, after a week of staying sober. Am entering that stage where nothing matters anymore.

Jeni26 04-09-2013 12:28 PM

I'm guessing, as you're posting here, that it does indeed matter to you.

My advice would be to stop now, throw the rest away and come back tomorrow to start again.

Many of us have slipped in early sobriety, it happens. But the less you drink now, the easier tomorrow will be.

Please take care x

ScoutBall 04-09-2013 12:29 PM

Not a wine drinker--but I'm assuming you're nearing the end of the bottle?
Drink lots of water...stop drinking if you are able. Don't get anymore.
Rest.
Don't beat yourself up, mistakes happen, and tomorrow is a new day.

FeenixxRising 04-09-2013 12:30 PM

Go to bed, start over tomorrow.

BuddinK 04-09-2013 12:30 PM

Please no more wine today! you had a goosd start with 6 days sober.

You can start again right now, call a frend or stay online and read some posts.

You are not alone, things do matter, YOU matter!!

I have one month today, I still have cravings and staying on here reading and posting has been a real lift for me

Stay Strong

Ken

Louise82 04-09-2013 12:35 PM

Yes, stop drinking, have plenty of water and have some bread and butter if you have it. :)

Tomorrow will be day one of your new, sober life!

I had a slip just before Easter but I'm 11 days back and really glad that I came back again. I'm finding that it really does get easier with every passing day.

HappyDestiny3 04-09-2013 12:39 PM

While you feel weak your not like Jeni said your here..

Why not pick up the phone and give a call, we would love to help you.. :hug:

Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) Great Britain

Sobreia 04-09-2013 12:47 PM

Having my fifth glass of wine... Am such a failure, feel horrible and great at the same time.
I hate this. Why can't I manage drinking like normal people? Going home after this. Have a flight tomorrow morning, early, and have to make it. Thank you so much for your support. Had a glass of water, but the demon is already out. I need help.

HappyDestiny3 04-09-2013 12:49 PM

Why can't I manage drinking like normal people?
Because if your a alcoholic ~ then you have this disease.. Which is allergy to alcohol..

So once you take a drink, the phenomenon of craving takes the wheel..

One drink , wants two , and two wants ten....

Sobreia 04-09-2013 12:50 PM

Thank you everyone. Feel like I am failing you; and it is helping! Somehow I seem to be able to fail myself but not other people, like you, who understands. Am going home now. But may need more support, if anyone is around. Sorry for being needy. Have no one else.

Jeni26 04-09-2013 12:51 PM

Tomorrow is a new day. Go home, catch your flight, and log back in with us when you can.

We will be here when you need us x

HappyDestiny3 04-09-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sobreia (Post 3907917)
Thank you everyone. Feel like I am failing you; and it is helping! Somehow I seem to be able to fail myself but not other people, like you, who understands. Am going home now. But may need more support, if anyone is around. Sorry for being needy. Have no one else.

Don't you dare be sorry..

WE know how you feel.. And together WE get and stay sober, One second of one day at a time... :)

You are so not alone.. :hug:

Put it down and get home safely...And get back here..

Sobreia 04-09-2013 12:54 PM

Thank you so much. My friend don't seem to understand the severity of my problem, sometimes I feel almost as if they want me to be this way, it sounds cynical, but I've become the person who makes everyone else seem in control. Or am I projecting my own insecurities?

Jeni26 04-09-2013 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sobreia (Post 3907925)
Thank you so much. My friend don't seem to understand the severity of my problem, sometimes I feel almost as if they want me to be this way, it sounds cynical, but I've become the person who makes everyone else seem in control. Or am I projecting my own insecurities?

It's impossible to analyse any situation after 5 glasses of wine.

Don't even try tonight xx

trachemys 04-09-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sobreia (Post 3907925)
Thank you so much. My friend don't seem to understand the severity of my problem, sometimes I feel almost as if they want me to be this way, it sounds cynical, but I've become the person who makes everyone else seem in control.

Sounds spot on to me.

Einstein's brain was wired for math. Mozart's for music. Ours' are wired for addictive behavior. Pretty simple. That's why we can't have one or two. "One's too many, the whole bottle isn't enough."

Stop. Go home. Sleep it off. Don't do it tomorrow.

least 04-09-2013 01:43 PM

Start over tomorrow. Make it your last day one. You won't regret it.:hug:

ginger4029 04-09-2013 02:02 PM

just start over tomorrow, i know i cant have just one beer, i have to have them all,(blue moon was my fave) then I'd go and get some more. i like wine too, usually I drank 2 bottles. We've all been there . Good luck to you

ScoutBall 04-09-2013 02:32 PM

I'm with Jeni. You can't make much sense of this with wine telling you otherwise.
Rest. Sleep.
Put relaxing stuff on your iPod for the flight.
Treat yourself to a nice coffee in the morning, and get back up.
You can do this.

Sobreia 04-09-2013 04:21 PM

Am at home now, drunkt, but conscious... Thank you, couldn't have don't it without you. Am packed and ready to leave tomorrow. Thank you so much

Hevyn 04-09-2013 04:25 PM

Hi Sobreia. I agree with the others - just get back on track tomorrow. No point in being down on yourself. Sometimes we need further proof that we can't drink normally. We're with you.