Notices

Help!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Awake now, getting on a plane in 3 hours and feel horrible. At least I feel like I deserve. I don't want to do this, don't want to be this way. I want to stay sober, so disappointed I failed after a week...
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All that you can do at this point in time, is keep moving forward. Yesterday is yesterday. Today you get to make different decisions regarding alcohol. Please be gentle with yourself. This is not a easy process. It takes time and perseverance. You can do this. 6 days is impressive. Please do not disregard all the work that you have put in. We are here for you. Keep posting.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's a new day and you have the chance to get back on track. Try to remember the feeling you are having right now the next time you go for the bottle. I tend to easily forget sometimes as well but after a few weeks, the compulsion does seem to subside. As long as you don't let your guard down, things do continue to get easier. You can do it!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

This is the last flight you ever have to get feeling this horrible, Sobreia.

Don't think of last night as a failure. It's only a failure if you don't get back up, which you have and are doing. Own those 6 good days of sobriety you had. They still happened. No one and nothing can those away from you. Here's to the start of your new life!

And have a good time wherever you're going. I'm well jealous that you're escaping cold, gloomy London!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not the end of the race Sobreia it's just one hurdle - with a little work, you can make sure you negotiate things better in future and this kind of thing never needs to happen again

D
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone, am really moved by your support and your kindness. Today would feel unbearable without you, and yesterday would have been much worse. I am so happy I found this site. Am still feeling very disappointed with myself, but will try to remember this next time I am tempted. Am moving back home for a while to get back on track and hopefully it will be a more healthy environment for me. Hope you are all well. A big hug and Thank you!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Safe flight home.

Take care x
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Please do not feel disappointed.. We saw that you kept on posting at SR during the entire event . That means, you are really sincere to get rid of alcohol..

I would just call the yesterday's event as minor slip and move on with the sober life.. The sober life has many more promising things .All the best.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you Jeni and Lastchance! At the gate now, so happy I made it, could just as well have been passed out on the bed. So grateful for all the support, it really helped me yesterday and today. I really want to quit, and am trying not be too judgemental towards myself for drinking yesterday as it will only make things worse. I really hope this will be my last hangover.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by Sobreia View Post
Have had four glasses of wine, after a week of staying sober. Am entering that stage where nothing matters anymore.
Sobreia, you matter to all of use here on SR. Rootin for ya!