Notices

Hello

Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I thought I would say hello. This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, so sorry if I get anything wrong.
I've not had a drink for 2 weeks now and after seeing my neighbours have a drink over the weekend I realise I could prob do with a bit of support and hopefully I could be of some support in return. (you will have excuse the bad spelling)
So anyway Hello
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Kids, welcome to SR. There are a lot of great stories of inspiration here. Congrats on 2 weeks, keep it up.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you very much. I realised I prob didn't put enough info, I'm just worried about putting too much and people falling alseep half way through reading it.I guess the congrats should be for my husband as I dont go out of the house unless he is with me and with the kids on half term I've had no reason to have to leave the house, so I rely on him buying my beer for me during the week, which I've asked him not to and he is sticking to it, even though I can be the biggest cow on the planet, I just hope the constant thinking and wanting starts to go after a while as I am concerned how much my will power can last
Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR kidsx3. You don't have to worry about doing anything wrong, any and all discussion about getting/staying sober is allowed and welcomed here ( save the topics in the forum rules like giving medical advice, etc.. ).

Sounds like you are asking for some more support than just your husband not buying the beer for you, and I think that's a good idea. You'll most likely encounter a time when he won't be around or you'll need to rely on yourself to keep the temptation away. The forums here are a great place to find that support, and there are plenty of other sections that help you learn about other support groups you can find locally ( AA, AVRT, SMART, etc.. ).

Congrats on your 2 weeks, and hope you find another support mechanism that will help you continue to remain sober - having a plan is the most important part. Read lots and ask lots of questions, we've all been where you are.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a heck of a lot of information and wisdom on this site. Congrats on your 2 weeks. You have done the perfect thing in reaching out, because beating alcoholism on your own can be a very difficult mountain to climb. I wouldn't say impossible, but immeasurably harder than with support.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and congrats on your two weeks sober. You'll find lots of support here. Lots of useful information too, so read and post and learn.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Folks, Thank you so much for showing me your support.
I hope this doesn't sound horrible but I'm looking foward to being able to talk to people like me as my husband cant understand my thoughts and feelings as hes never been in this position, even though he does try, but it can end up in us both getting cross I really feel bad just typing that. I havent told him I've joined and this may sound odd but I'm not sure if I should or not
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congratulations on 2 weeks!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome kids, our hubbys never will get it. U will find the support u r looking 4 here! Glad u found us!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome kidz,
We are all here to help & support you from a disease that wants to destroy not only you but fam as well. No need to apologise for misspellings(I do it all the time)...as long as you get across what your saying is all that matters. Good 4 u on 2 wks! If really sure you might have a prob w/ alc & want sobriety, then I suggest joining AA. Self will is very temporary plus you have to learn to give it up as step 3 says. Things will be a bit testy & hard @ 1st but they will smooth over once you start going a day or wknds w/o beer.
Hebrews12:11