Notices

Moderation

Old 04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moderation

In my self created " Alcoholics Dictionary " I have defined Moderation as : a lie. An excuse. Also known as a pipe dream. A trap used by the ancient demons to lure one into a life of despair, anxiety, moral decomposition and or self destructive behavior. All joking aside. Why the HELL would you risk throwing away everything that you've worked so hard to accomplish by putting that poison back in your body? Our vices can kill us and probably will if left unchecked. That voice in your head telling you that you've gotten this thing licked is the SAME one that kept telling you to have just one more. It's the same voice that told you to just eat that can of Tuna in your cabinet for dinner so you would have enough money to drink with later. Remember that voice? Well I can guarantee you that it's not the voice of reason and that's for damned sure! Maybe you'll try moderation and maybe it will work or maybe it won't and lesson learned you go back into recovery mode and all is well. But what happens if that's not the case? You know what happens and its gonna be even more harsh than before. These are just my thoughts on the subject of moderation but I think that I paint a pretty clear picture. Moderation is a pipe dream. You've come too far to start all over.

Don't throw it away
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep, I start thinking along those lines and I need to remind myself of my anti stupid pills. MEETINGS! Live ones. These on line ones are nice and fill a certain need but for me I need to see and experience “head bobbing” with sadness and laughter included. In other words a personal “keep it green.” BE WELL