Notices

Any other pill poppers around?

Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any other pill poppers around?

I have only found this site less than week ago and regardless of responses to me or not, it's been extremely helpful. If I feel unable to control myself I've either hopped onto elliptical or gotten on the site and started writing.

I've seen most are alcoholics and I see so many of the same in my addiction as I do with yours. It's one of the same to me. However, I'm wondering if anyone else is attempting to overcome an addiction to pain pills and/or stimulants? Anyone relating to the endless cycle of empty pill bottles or sound of having just a few left and getting stressed/annoyed that you really DON'T have endless supply even when the recent batch of 20-30 seems like a ton?

My thoughts for the moment, I'm sure ill shift gears soon- OR just get on my elliptical for second time today
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

I would say probably about 80-90% of people who post in the substance abuse forum:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did prescription pills and alcohol at the same time. VERY CRAZY and psychotic behaviors. I'm coming up to day 4 from the last relapse. You aren't alone.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there, I noticed you yesterday in the April class thread, I too am detoxing from pain pills. Yeaterday (day 5) was especially bad for me, lots of shaking, vomiting & body aches, I didnt leave my bed all day. Which made me feel like a useless and unproductive wife & mother. So iv just woken up (its 0730 in UK) and not feeling so bad today. Sweated & tossed & turned all night. My 3 year old woke up and climbed into bed with us at 3am and i heard him say to my hubby why is mommy soaking wet?! I was so sweaty & clammy, my hubby said mummys hot!! Joking aside iv woken up here on day 6 feeling not too horrendous, I might actually attempt to venture out later and but groceries etc. Lostnconfused2 isnt it scary what the pills must have been doing to our bodies. Im lyind here thinking of all this shaking vomiting and sweating thinking what the h*ll have i been poisoning myself with for 4 years. Its only just hitting home. I some times used to run out of pills and go a day, start to get that wd feeling and hot foot it to my family practitioner or ER and put on an Oscar worthy performance to get more pills. Being an RN it was of course incredibly easy to convince pretty much anyone to prescribe me painkillers. And then of course, I have to confess I started to do the unspeakable and pinching them when I was on shift. I of course couldnt get Oxy's as these (in UK hospitals) are in a controlled drug cupboard requiring counting in and out and signature from 2 RNs, but our general drug cupboard which i had access to as one of the RNs in charge carried Tramadol, codeine phosphate, dihydocodeine, all benzos and Oramol (oramorph) liquid morphine. Easy pickings. I never got caught thank goodness or I would have been fired and struck off. I have been on forced sick leave though due to my erratic behaviour, coming into work late, not turning up as unconscious, being found asleep in staff room and I was admitted 3 times to our coronary care unit (under the care of my hubbys team - he's a Cardiologist - u can imagine his embarrassment)with ODs, which although we tried to convince everyone it was accidental cause i was in pain, it raised eyebrows. So that is my totally ridiculous story. So I am with you! I get you! Your right most of the people on here are kicking alcohol but the support is amazing, iv been check ing in 3 or 4 times a day & its really keeping me going. I am also giving up alcohol as I had a drinking problem in my early 20's and dont want that to creep back in now im off the pills. There are a few of us painkiller addicts on here, iv read through the threads and you will see some. Wishing you all the best, hang in there and good luck for today. x