Notices

starting my journey

Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting my journey

Hi Guys,

this is my first post so a little about myself. Im a 30 year old male in the uk i have been a heavy canabis smoker for 12 years - the last 5-6 of them evryday. I have got to the point that it rules my life and all i look forward to is finnishing work so i can go for a smoke it has got very expensive and is spoiling everything . so i have decided NO MORE! its destroying my life and my realtionship has fallen apart because of weed. i want to be clear of it and stay clear but confronting it is hard im worried i will fail.

so i have started my road to recovery from Canabis, and wanted to connect with like minded people and reach out for some support hence whuy im here.

i went 3 days without a joint but then relapsed and this is making me dought i have it in me to quit. i want it more than anything to be clear but im really struggling.

Thanks to anyone who reads this i know this is all about me getting through it but im finding it easier sharing how i feel on here. anyway good luck to you all.

many thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome ghilly! I know how you feel - alcohol was ruling my life. Sharing here helped me so much - knowing I wasn't alone made all the difference. We're so glad you joined us - this is a wonderful place.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome,

I feel like an outcast and im just looking for somewhere to talk freely without being judged.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have found a place here where you do belong. We understand how hard this is.

Don't doubt yourself. Many of us succeed to move on from drugs and alcohol.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR ((ghilly))!

My DOC (drug of choice) was crack, but I've found support here, no matter what the drug/drink was as we all have a lot in common.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone,

this is the first feeling i have had in a long time that someone out there understands,

I hope i can offer some friendship to all of you. and i also wish you all the best of luck.

many people have said im a good listener hopefully that will come in useful here

Again many thanks for teh warm welcome it means a lot to me in my current state of mind.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ghilly,

Welcome. I just relapsed recently as well. However from what people have been telling me, it is not something to be ashamed of and it certainly does not mean I can't recover. With any habit of years, it is going to be difficult to stop. A drug addiction is even more difficult. This is the right place to be though, there is so much support and everyone here has had similar experiences regardless of the different drugs of choice.

Glad you are here and take care
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Ghilly. Congratulations on your decision to make positive changes. You have lots of support here. We can all relate.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi there, from another UK resident! I am day 5 today detoxing from 3 1/2 years of painkiller abuse, iv had the worst flu like symptoms, shaking and throwing up all morning, there is loads of support & advice on here so i feel positive, i know it will get better. Good luck to you, you can do it, iv joined the class of april thread there is lots of support in there for us people kicking it this April. Take Care.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I'm glad you're getting started on the road to recovery. There's a lot of support here.