Notices

Please help me

Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Venus, don't isolate yourself. Do you have a GP you know who you can go and see? Or maybe GROW or AA for dealing with your struggles. There are lot's of resources around. I bet you could tell me some of them!
Awesome 64 days!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((Venus)) I know when I got sober my coping mechanism was no longer available. My emotions were all over the place. Life seemed impossible at times. However, I clung onto the one good aspect in my life...I was sober!

It takes some time getting used to this "new life". Please hang in there, be gentle with yourself. You can get through this, lean on us for a while. We appreciate and love you to pieces. You're a "gem" you just need some time to realize what everyone else sees.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My dear Venus, how I wish I could have been there to hug you last night! You are such a wonderfully sweet, giving, resourceful, and delightful woman. And you mean so much to a whole lot of people!

I think you are about 20 days behind me, and things started to get emotionally difficult for me around the point that you are at--but it was a different kind of difficult from when I was struggling to actually quit. I think it was a sign that I was really starting to confront some of the things that were making my life unmanageable. That's hard work, girlfriend! And from everything I've read that you've posted or written in chat, you've been doing a lot of heavy lifting!

I am so proud of you and all the growth I've seen in you over the last 64 days! Please be gentle with yourself.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you are having a sound sleep right now.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear Venus, agreeing with all the great advice given. Please don't isolate yourself. The meetings I attend are full of people, like you and me going through same problems and it helps me not feel so alone. We need F2F company. You give so much to others and they need you! Hugs and kisses xxx
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Venus- when I was on day 1 lying on my bed unable to move reading through the feb group posts really just as a shell of a person it was your posts that drew me in. I said to myself, "she's the heart of this group I can't wait to get to know her"

You have helped me in so many different ways through our journey together here. I consider you one of my best and closest SR friends and I love you dearly.

You are a gentle soul and a healer. With good comes bad and for that I think you take in a lot of the negative energy around you because you are so intuitive and sensitive.

Picture yourself now as a little seed. Dark and black and in a hole. Somewhere inside of you is the potential to become a glorious flower- but its not going to happen overnight. You need to find out what feeds your soul and give your little seed lots of that. Once you align your energy so you can break free of the soil and into the light other things will begin to rain into your life to help you grow.

Please don't ever hurt yourself, my heart would break in two. I love you, I love you, I love you.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

you matter
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm shattered. Emotionally and physically a wreck right now; the why doesn't matter. It's just life, and pain, and trying to deal....and me not doing a good job right now.

I am struggling, trying to stop myself going to the bottle shop and throwing away 64 days of sobriety.

I honestly can't remember why I thought my life was worth saving.
Are you going to AA cat?

AA will be there if you can't do this yourself. It was there for me.

All the best.

Bob R