Notices

Big Shot....

Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Shot....

Anyone else ever feel like that Billy Joel song, "Big Shot".....that was me, however I doubt I looked very glamourous and I'm not rich or famous....

Anyway, I had one of those nights last night, I fell right off the wagon and did it up big, life of the party..... ......

So, here's to day 1 again. At least I work tonight so I know I will be completely sober on day 1. I will admit that staying sober has been harder for me to do than I thought it would be, and moderation obviously is not working....when will I finally just give it up!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Funny, I never paid much attention to the lyrics of the song; and I remember when it was played endlessly on radio and at many parties I attended. Now, with the exceptions of the uptown setting and the female character, I can certainly relate to the story the song tells. I'd prefer that I didn't

But don't let "day one again" get you down too much. I'm pretty sure most of us have a pocketful of "day ones".
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had more day ones than I want to remember. But I never gave up, even in the darkest despair I kept trying. And I finally made it. I rarely think of drinking anymore after three years. And on the rare occasion when I do, the thought doesn't stay in my head long.

Don't give up. Try again until you make it!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Especially the 'eyes too bloody to see' part. Oh yes, I remember it.

I hope you're ready now to give it up, 3girls. There's really nothing in it for us anymore.