Notices

Hello to you all! Day 2...

Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello to you all! Day 2...

Hello, Newcomer here and just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I am 35 and have been drinking since about 17. From 17-21 it was semi controlled if you could call it that, but from 21 till now it has been pretty much a constant for me. I don't need to get into the whole story as we all know what the addiction robs us of, but am looking to get my self sober. I have had a few sober stints in this time but it never lasted. 1-3 months a couple times and then completely falling off the wagon. So here I am on day 2 with all kinds of thoughts running through my head. Hope to get to know some of you on here and also be beneficial in others recovery. Hope this finds you all well! My best!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 2! Good for you.

When you've had sober periods of one to three months, what changes have you made in your life besides stopping drinking? I found that stopping alcohol was just the beginning and I had a lot of work to do on myself. I'm glad you're here!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two days sober! That's a good start to a better way of life. I'm glad you found us.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome southwest, you should join the April class. I, myself, am on another Day 1. Made it 8 days last month and 5 days last week, but had a bad weekend. Determined this time to make it though. We can all help each other.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same story here. Something feels different about it this time....Day 2 for me as well.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum Southwest. It's an amazing place here, full of kind, honest and understanding people. Congrats on day 2!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome southwest

I really agree with Anna on this one - the difference between periods of sobriety, and getting fully into permanent recovery lay in the changes I made besides not drinking.

I think if you have a life you love, and if you love yourself as well, there's much less call to run away, to escape., and much less temptation to go and screw that life up...Y'know?

I'm glad you've found us
D