Notices

Day 18!

Old 04-07-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 18!

I woke up this morning with the feeling I had a HANGOVER! I was all "What??" then realized it was my sinuses acting up again!
Anyway, today is my son's fourth birthday, and he doesn't know it, but I'm giving him the best gift a child can have: a sober mommy!!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober days and may you have many more!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days! Yeah my allergies are pretty bad and on first waking up it's kinda like a bad dream thinking I've been drinking! An antihistamine soon sorts it out though.

Hope the little one has a great birthday, he may not know it now but it'l be the best present he ever gets
Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Congrats on 18 days! Yeah my allergies are pretty bad and on first waking up it's kinda like a bad dream thinking I've been drinking! An antihistamine soon sorts it out though.

Hope the little one has a great birthday, he may not know it now but it'l be the best present he ever gets
Sinus spinoff! Now that I'm sober, I find that the antihistamines actually bona fide make me groggy and loopy, and I'm afraid I'll develop a dependency. Is that possible? Is this something the newly sober should watch out for? I'm in pain. Stupid sinuses...
Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyHeart View Post
Sinus spinoff! Now that I'm sober, I find that the antihistamines actually bona fide make me groggy and loopy, and I'm afraid I'll develop a dependency. Is that possible? Is this something the newly sober should watch out for? I'm in pain. Stupid sinuses...
I'm not entirely sure, i'm going to ask the doc about it next time i'm there. I will only tend to have one if i'm going out for a walk or something as my eyes get so watery I can hardly see!

Some of them can make you alot more drowsy than others, I know one of my family members was prescribed an antihistamine as an alternative to sleeping pills once.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyHeart View Post
I take Xyzal anti-histamine, but I am planning to stop taking them and make a good diet to lower my histamine (I broke in hives and itching), try for 3 days not eating tomatoes, meat leftovers, oranges and grain and choclate. Drink fresh milk and water, eat veg, beef and chicken. Avoid most of all seafood and if you like fish see that its not older than 2 days. Then stop taking antihistamines. Instead buy Vitamin C tablets and take 1 daily (500mg)

If you are a histaldic like me you are risking to get addicted to anti-histamines, we are the type that gets addicted mostly to everything.

If you need more help PM me.