Notices

binge drinking

Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah, everyone is very right about the binges becoming more frequent, and the blackouts lasting longer as the drinking progresses.

I won't say my last name, but it begins with M, so a drinking buddy of mine would say that I had reached M**** Mach 5 when I hit that crazy point. At the time we thought it was hilarious, but now that I'm looking at my drinking style, it's embarrassing.

I feel where you're coming from and I'm really glad you took the step to sign up here and post. I am new-ish here, and this site has helped me tremendously on the road to recovery. Best of luck to you!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jekyll and Hyde binge drinker here as well. Nice as pie when sober, dangerously violent when drunk. I had to give up trying to control alcohol. It sounds like you have reached the stage where you know that you cannot just have a few. That's a great place to be. Self-realization and a deeper understanding of your condition.

With regards to your work and alcohol. I would just say that you're having some time off the drink because you want to get really fit. Even say you want to run a marathon! Just stick to your guns without wavering. When your work colleagues see that you are serious, they'll leave you alone. They'll even admire you for it.... eventually!

Maybe you will run a marathon soon. Anything is possible without alcohol!